Is this a good price for a 2011 Hustler X1 26 HP demo with 5 hours?

fsagames

Threads
  • / Is this a good price for a 2011 Hustler X1 26 HP demo with 5 hours?
I was all set to buy a brand new 2011 Hustler X1 on Saturday (2/4/2012) and the salesman found a 2011 Hustler demo with 5 hours (60 inch deck with Kawasaki 26 hp engine). The machine looks perfect to the naked eye, but I would expect the dealer to re-check everything and set it up prior to delivery. His price was $7690. I called this morning and offered a flat $7500, and I'm waiting to hear his reply. Delivery and setup are included, and I am looking at financing thru the dealer for 48 months at zero percent.

I'm in Central Ohio, and I mow about 6-7 acres of my 14 acre farm about every 10 days. My trusty old Cub Cadet LT1050 does the job in about 12-14 hours, and I decided my wife and I are spending way too much time mowing the lawn. I expect the new ZT should cut our time down to 3-4 hours. I have lots of trees, lots of straight-away, a couple of inclines, smooth areas, rough areas, the whole 9 yards. I want a commercial model so I don't even have to think about buying another for at least 10+ years. I also looked at a Scag Tiger Cat at the same dealership, but I like some of the human factors engineering in the Hustler, especially the ease of steering. I'm also looking at Exmark, but I don't think the dealer is willing to negotiate, and they also don't have the 48/0 financing. I really like the idea of using other peoples' money. Assuming the dealer agrees to my price, is it a good deal?

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I just got off the phone with a Hustler dealer here in FL, he's a friend of mine. He said your getting about a 10% discount and it's not a bad deal .

I run Hustler's myself and I like them.

Good Luck!

fsagames

Threads
I just got off the phone with a Hustler dealer here in FL, he's a friend of mine. He said your getting about a 10% discount and it's not a bad deal .

I run Hustler's myself and I like them.

Good Luck!

Thanks for checking, Sprinkler Buddy. The dealer went for the $7500 offer. I'm going there Friday to do the paperwork.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Make sure it comes with the same warranty as a new one. It should!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Congratulation on your purchase. Mower season is comeing

fsagames

Threads
Here she is after her maiden voyage around the property a couple of days ago. I wiped off most of the mud, but the tires show it! I opted for the suspension seat and also added a hitch and the flat-free tires (my property is loaded with hawthorn trees, and my Cub Cadet's tires thrive on Slime). It's strange trying to drive one of these things for the first time, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it once mowing season starts. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Dirty Hustler.jpg
    Dirty Hustler.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 47

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will Love that Z...
Won't tak long to figure out how to properly operate it.... :smile:KennyV

Sammy the Red

Threads
Looks like a nice machine. :thumbsup:
Let us know how it goes.