cub wont start

skeeter

Forum Newbie
Threads
have an 08 cub lt 1045....replaced carb, fuel filter...drained fuel tank, replaced fuel cut off under carb, plug and now starter bendix engages flywheel, but will not turn engine over....oh, new battery, oil ok. not in gear line to starter gets warm but only produces, one "clunk" and then stops....??????:mad:

jross

Threads
Rotate the engine past the point it is now which appears to be on the compression stroke and see if the starter spins the engine. If it does, maybe the valves need adjustment.

Last edited:

jc56

Threads
Good point jross. If an engine has carb trouble and is leaking thru some gas,you'll have to back it off by hand to get it to turn over.A lot of times you "rebuild" these new style carbs,they still don't seat right and still leak thru.I just put an inline shutoff valve in the fuel line and you'll never have to worry about it again.You know this will keep your carb from gumming up also.Here's a pic of how I did one of mine.Maybe this will help.Later.jc:smile:

Attachments

• 1-24-2012 010.jpg
    1-24-2012 010.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 17

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Cub has an issue with the valves getting out of adjustment . A 24 volt tank battery will not get you past the compression stroke .
You'll ruin the starter and wires .
It is REALLY common problem .