Lawnboy video

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Came across this neat 1958 Lawn Boy documentary video, and thought I'd share with all the LB fans here.

1958 Lawn-Boy Promo Video: Two Horse Town - YouTube

Thanks for finding that and posting the link, Fireman. The video made me hungry for an older Lawn-Boy. My current collection goes back only to 1974. :ashamed:

Notice that, in 1958, they hadn't adopted the distinctive LB green.

Also, the narrator mentioned the progress the company made in designing a lighter mower -- that goal seems to be completely ignored by current makers of push mowers. :confused2:

hankthecrank

Threads
That is so cool, what I wouldn't do to have some new mowers and all those parts laying around my place, would be like a shrine.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I live about 40 miles from Galesburg Illinois where Lawnboy were made. I still have my 1973 Lawnboy and use it now as a trim mower.

That's interesting. I've noticed that some of the 1970s Lawn-Boys have something like "Gale Products...a division of Outboard Marine Corporation" on the name plate with the model and serial numbers.

I'd like to hear about your 1973 LB -- photos would be nice too. :cool:

Sanderv

Forum Newbie
Threads
My dad still has his '57 Lawn Boy running, the kind where the front wheel is on a up-and-down moving arm like in this video:

1957 Lawn-boy first start in 20 years. - YouTube

A couple of years after he got it new, someone backed over it with a car and he had to get a replacement deck which must've been made for Canada because it had the familiar Lawn Boy warning: "Keep feet from under the machine" in French. All I remember is the last two words: "la tondeuse" which means "clippers" - my boyhood introduction to a foreign language.

robinb66

Threads
My dad still has his '57 Lawn Boy running, the kind where the front wheel is on a up-and-down moving arm like in this video:

1957 Lawn-boy first start in 20 years. - YouTube

A couple of years after he got it new, someone backed over it with a car and he had to get a replacement deck which must've been made for Canada because it had the familiar Lawn Boy warning: "Keep feet from under the machine" in French. All I remember is the last two words: "la tondeuse" which means "clippers" - my boyhood introduction to a foreign language.

I wamt the gold lawnboy new in the box he talks about on youtube!!:biggrin::wink::thumbsup::smile::rolleyes::licking: