Front axle problem

honda_palmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys

I recently acquired a partner 146 lawnmower, and the front axle has a screw in place of where a roll pin usually goes, to make the right wheel move with the left, now as it just has a screw it's a little loose. I cant get a single roll pin, so would a nut and bolt work to hold the axle together?

Thanks
Shaun

honda_palmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
so the bolt should grip the 2 pieces together properly and stop the wheels moving independently?

Thanks for the reply

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
so the bolt should grip the 2 pieces together properly and stop the wheels moving independently?

Thanks for the reply

I really don't know your situation but you said that a screw is working now. A roll pin is made of I think spring steel which is a strong steel and that is why I said grade 8 bolt. I know that is what I have replaced a roll pin with in the pass when the roll pin doesn't work anymore. You would be the person to know if it will work for you or not???

honda_palmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry i should of been more clear, when i picked up the mower, there was a screw in this 'place' and it was loose, so didn't hold the wheel properly. I have now tried a bolt and nut and it it's fine now.

Thanks