John Deere 68 - need gearbox parts or advice

Helpmydad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

I am writing in to try & help my dad.

He has a John Deere 68 ride on mower which has been absolutely fantastic. He has happily been able to repair & maintain it himself over the years, but now some small plastic parts in the gearbox have broken & the pars are obsolete & John Deere main dealers say they can't help me.

Reference for these parts is Catalogue 1507: grid D10: Section Page 87 from Catalogue name:- 65, 66 & 68 riding mowers

He is looking for parts AM36110 & AM36111, which are small plastic retainers
inside the gearbox.

The gearbox that this mower has is a Foote gearbox, but I believe it is
interchangeable with a Peerless transmission which is numbered AM37434 for the
transmission ( sub for AM35523) or (sub AM38286) Foote

Also AM38286 Kit Peerless complete transmission, which includes parts to replace a
Foote to a Peerless transmission.

I have been unable to find out which Peerless gear box would be interchangeable as I only have the John Deere part number for it & John Deere have been unable to tell me what the Peerless reference for it would be

Ideally we would just like the retainers, as that is the only part that has failed.

Please advise if you have the parts available or on any suitable substitute.

It would be terribly sad to retire this old gem just for the want of a tiny plastic part.

I have the PDF on the parts page available & photo's of the plastic retainers if they would be any help.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know the old model 68 is getting hard to find parts for and John Deere sells less for them all the time. If it was me I would look in a lawn mower salvage yards for a used transmission, that is if you have such a thing in England?? You might also want to keep a eye on E-Bay.

TSfarmstuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI,I AM writing to let you know that i have three of them part number am36110 in original john deere package sure hope . this helps
Hi

I am writing in to try & help my dad.

He has a John Deere 68 ride on mower which has been absolutely fantastic. He has happily been able to repair & maintain it himself over the years, but now some small plastic parts in the gearbox have broken & the pars are obsolete & John Deere main dealers say they can't help me.

Reference for these parts is Catalogue 1507: grid D10: Section Page 87 from Catalogue name:- 65, 66 & 68 riding mowers

He is looking for parts AM36110 & AM36111, which are small plastic retainers
inside the gearbox.

The gearbox that this mower has is a Foote gearbox, but I believe it is
interchangeable with a Peerless transmission which is numbered AM37434 for the
transmission ( sub for AM35523) or (sub AM38286) Foote

Also AM38286 Kit Peerless complete transmission, which includes parts to replace a
Foote to a Peerless transmission.

I have been unable to find out which Peerless gear box would be interchangeable as I only have the John Deere part number for it & John Deere have been unable to tell me what the Peerless reference for it would be

Ideally we would just like the retainers, as that is the only part that has failed.

Please advise if you have the parts available or on any suitable substitute.

It would be terribly sad to retire this old gem just for the want of a tiny plastic part.

I have the PDF on the parts page available & photo's of the plastic retainers if they would be any help.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

clydesdale

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening,

I am searching for a gearbox for the JD 68 mower as well. What is your asking price?

Mike

clydesdale

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI,I AM writing to let you know that i have three of them part number am36110 in original john deere package sure hope . this helps

I am in need of a gearbox for the JD 68 mower as well. What is your asking price for 1 gearbox?

Mike

Helpmydad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

What is your price for the parts & where are you?

Best regards,