Chainsaw problem

noodle

Threads
My Chainsaw is dragging and cuts crooked and I am pretty sure this is not user error. What sort of problem might my chainsaw have and how can I fix this?

jeepnjim

Threads
Could be the bar/chain. Replace them and the problem will go away.:smile:

rmancini

Threads
I agree. When the bar wears, it allows the chain to wander which results in even more bar wear.
Make sure your bar oiler has enough oil in it. I tend to forget mine every now and again.

Rich

Last edited:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree with first 2 - could just be that you hit something on one side of the chain and dulled it mainly on one side or the other. Sharpen or replace the chain first - check the bar while you have the chain off. Unless the bar is bent or extremely worn it is probably OK.

Roger

Threads
What brand do you have now and how long have you had it for? Are you taking care of it when not in use or just tossing it around like an old sock?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is not got a LOT of hours on the bar, or if it's not bent...
The chain may have been improperly sharpened , depth stops not cut right or too aggressive cut angle on the chain ...

I agree with the others and you might just buy a swap out chain... it's nice to have a spare anyway... if changing the chain solves the problem ok if not swap the bar, and you will still have the extra chain...
:smile:KennyV