Repairs need rewire on craftsman riding lawn mower

luke27

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 03 lawn mower. the deck is removed.using for snow plow. i check it to see if starting and the motor would not turn. replace solenoid, key switch, battery, and starter. still not starting, but if i hot wire it the motor turns but no running motor. coil replace spark plug replace and carb been clean. try wiring but don't know how it run. just want the mower to start and run, just simple push and start with couple wire not a nest of wires. please help.

Threads
Check the safety switches.. 1 on the blade engage and 1 on the clutch/brake ,if these dont make it will not send current to the solenoid......

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have 03 lawn mower. the deck is removed.using for snow plow. i check it to see if starting and the motor would not turn. replace solenoid, key switch, battery, and starter. still not starting, but if i hot wire it the motor turns but no running motor. coil replace spark plug replace and carb been clean. try wiring but don't know how it run. just want the mower to start and run, just simple push and start with couple wire not a nest of wires. please help.

It sure sound like you got a good mess going. You have two types of circuits plus. and neg. The neg. is the circuit that turns the engine off. If you get the two mixed you are going to burn out the the ignition module. The neg is the circuit you are going to have to work with so the first thing is to known what color wire they use for that circuit. You should be able to find that color easy because it gos to the frame. I agree with western auto that you have a safety switch problem. To me it would be better to repair your problem then rewire the tractor.

jc56

Threads
Sure sounds like a switch problem to me also.:thumbsup:

luke27

Forum Newbie
Threads
okay i'll try my best to check it and find switch

fastback

Threads
The force Luke, use the force. Just kidding, I noticed that you never mentioned if you checked the fuses. Like the others I also agree that it sounds like a switch. Just make sure that the fuse (s) are good and that power is flowing through.