Old Snapper riding lawn mower question

RPierre

Forum Newbie
Threads
I haven't run my 15+ yrs old Snapper LE1438H riding mower in years. The hydro transmission won't release to allow rolling the mower, even though I have set the "release to roll" lever according to manual. (The rear wheels roll - the differential works - the rear wheel spin in opposite directions when lifted off the ground. Is there something wrong with the hydro transmission?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Like he said... check the brake. see that everything associated with it moves freely...
And do post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I agree, it sounds like the brake is sticking.

RPierre

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Like he said... check the brake. see that everything associated with it moves freely...
And do post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

"Thanks for the feedback. I still have more checking to do under the machine, but from everything I can see this unit has no external brake - it is in the hydro transmission. I have been told to check that the actual release arm at the shaft into the transmission is actually moving, not just the release lever. So, I will do that."

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
"Thanks for the feedback. I still have more checking to do under the machine, but from everything I can see this unit has no external brake - it is in the hydro transmission. I have been told to check that the actual release arm at the shaft into the transmission is actually moving, not just the release lever. So, I will do that."
Let us know what the result is.

fastback

Threads
If when you raise the tractor off the ground and the wheels work in the opposite direction it sounds to me as the trans is still engaged. I can't say I really know much about hydro's. I would think if the brake was ingaged the wheels would not turn at all.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Wd40 .... Many machines get frozen from moisture rust on linkage and brakes . Your brakes is either a metal band or small type caliper .

mellowyellow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LE1438H snapper that is approximately 15 years old. I am looking for a deck and a hood for my snapper. It runs great but needs the deck and hood to be perfect. if anybody has the parts< i am interested, please send me a email. thanks robertfrantz100@hotmail.com