Want to make a fast lawn mower tractor.

Threads
please invest in a yard sale motorcycle helmet:confused2: oh, and stay thirsty my friend :licking:

scott47429

Threads
yes these engines will run 5500 rpm but they won't do it at a constant speed like mowing a years i use to race go karts and we took out the governors also but they were never at a constant speed the throttle was wide open then closed then wide open then closed it works for racing but not sure it will work for mowing

Mwh0428

Threads
Could you use a go kart or ATV clutch?

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF

east_tn_emc

Threads
Police here in my town pulled over a guy on a mower and arrested him for DUI...
They can and will stop you and ticket you for having an unlicensed and/or unregistered vehicle...there is ALWAYS something they can stop you for...

but above all, I would not do it because it just would NOT BE SAFE to do...brakes, wheels, tires, bearings, frame...NOTHING on that mower is designed or engineered for the stresses that those speeds would put on the frame and drivetrain. You would end up hurting yourself...or worse yet, some innocent family driving down the road!

benski

Threads
heymow.com is my favorite site for turning lawnmower money into noise.:cool: I'm getting old, but I have no desire to take something that is designed for 6 mph, and make it do 40 without the proper modifications. I've personally seen a stock flywheel blow apart at 4600RPM (fortunately in a controlled environment:eek:) and the damage it did. As several others have rightfully noted, steering, brakes, tires, suspension, and a slew of other less readily apparent mods are needed to safely and routinely take these machines to even stock go-kart speeds. A $4,000.00 investment isn't unusual in one of these. One can only dip into the good luck well so many times before it comes up dry, and that is a bad place to be.