Cub Cadet LT1046 transmission seized

Elliott

Forum Newbie
Threads
2006 model, Hydro-Gear transmission was getting noisy. Grandkids got on it while I was not at home and said it would not move. It is seized up and will not move forward or reverse. You cannot move it manually even with the bypass valve open. Help!!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
Getting noisy 'could' have been an indication that the hydraulic oil was Low...

Jack up the rear & feel how wheels turn by hand... Turning either wheel CW should cause the oposite wheel to turn CCW... that will tell you that the differential is not jammed... post back with what you find... BUT most likely it is going to be R&R time for the trans-axle...
This is a breakdown of that trans... Parts and Diagrams for Cub Cadet LT1046 Tractor (2007 & before)
:smile:KennyV

Elliott

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Kenny. I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Elliott

Elliott

Forum Newbie
Threads
I raised the rear end and the wheels spin freely in opposite directions as you suggested they should. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,
Elliott

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure the parking brake lever isn't stuck in the on position. It looks like a flat piece of medal most likely behind the right rear tire with a rod going to it. May face up or down. you should be able to reach it from the rear of the rider and push or pull to release if it is stuck it will probably click when it releases. Just a thought.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
We get your model in the shop with defective brake linkage -

Elliott

Forum Newbie
Threads
The brake was stuck, just like you suggested. It is now free and working just fine. Thanks to everyone who gave me your helpful advice.

Elliott