Kawasaki fb460v No fire

Othniel888

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm working on a Snapper Pro 36 walk behind with Kawa FB460v engine. Hasn't run since? First I had fuel out of the overflow...stuck float....so I cleaned carb....had some rust inside.....then i had weak spark so I pulled the top cover and cleaned all the rust fron the coil pick-up and rotor....I gapped at .005....then found the manual online and corrected to .012".... it ran on full choke for about 2 min. @ .005......died at regular throttle and wouldn't restart so I went back through the carb....I missed a bit of dirt first trip.... figured the main jet was probably still clogged and i was right .....Now with correct .012" gap I get no spark, but I had good spark (@.005") then lost it! rechecked all my connections and ? What next?....Coil test....igniter....condenser coil....???......I was a mechanic in shops on various stuff for 10 years but electrical gremlins were always my weak point. This engine is probably 20+ years old and looks to have sat in the weather a while.....any wisdom or common probs anyone know about....THANKS.....

Othniel888

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Kawasaki fb460v No fire...update

Now I seem to have fire but the engine will not light...it puffs a bit of grey smoke like it almost wants to start but no go......would the charging coil under the flywheel have anything to do with spark strength...or is that strictly for charging a battery (this is a pull starter). I guess I will go through the coil and igniter tests in the manual... they look pretty simple. The magnet on the flywheel seems to attract a non-magnetic tool like the manual says. What component would typically cause intermittent fire problem?...igniter?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Magneto kill wire 'could' be causing problems....
When it was running on Full choke.... you May have fouled the spark plug... Replace it, see what you have.
It is possible that the magneto coil is weak, but I'd check every other possibility before replacing more expensive parts... :smile:KennyV