Buying Advice Batteries Plus+

pugsly69

Threads
Hey fellas! I don't know how many of you know about this, but...

Did you know that you can get replacement batteries for your electric start LawnBoy at "Batteries Plus+" ?:wink:
No, I don't work for them, nor am I an advocate for them trying to promote business for them. I'm just letting you guys know that you can get replacement batteries from them at a very reasonable cost, and eliminate shipping (provided you're not ordering them online or by phone from them) if you know of one that is relatively close to you, like I have in my town.

For illustration, my batteries are a #0819-0012 (6v-2.5Ah/0315W) CYCLON batteries made by Hawker Energy. I checked with Batteries Plus+ and they have them listed here locally for $22.95 ea. That's $45.90 plus tax, and all I have to do is minimal soldering, and bingo...new life for my old LB! Of course, if you're not comfortable or handy with a soldering iron, you can always have them do it for you (for a small nominal fee, of course).

Anyway, hope this helps guys. Keep them old LB's rollin'!:thumbsup:

fastback

Threads
I know this place. I also know that we are not surposed to advertize. However, if you ever use them check for the veterans discount. I recently purchased a battery for my dewalt cordless and recevied a 15% discount.

pugsly69

Threads
Oops! Shoot, hope I didn't mess up. Was just trying to help the guys keep the LB's rollin'. But since you brought up the point, my local location rep did mention a 10% discount to those working at the company I'm employed at. Regardless, I feel sources like this are both quicker and cheaper than a lot of on-line sources.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I don't think this is advertising; you clearly stated that you have no affiliation with them other than being a customer. You're passing on a tip or lesson learned, which is why I come here in the first place. I have mentioned the good service I got from my Toro dealer. But then I'm not a moderator, your mileage may vary.

pugsly69

Threads
I do hope that I'm not in the dog house with the big cheese here, but more than that, I appreciate the support from the guys reading here. Thanks guys!:biggrin:

Mower manic

Threads
I do hope that I'm not in the dog house with the big cheese here, but more than that, I appreciate the support from the guys reading here. Thanks guys!:biggrin:
Don't worry about it. this is useful information, a real contribution. Thanks

pugsly69

Threads
Cool, guys! I've been on several of these type forum sites. But the more visit this one, the more I like it! The guys here are real friendly and make you feel at home. Pretty cool, if you ask me. :biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

Like has been said... don't worry about it, passing on that you can have battery's rebuilt... no matter where you have the work done, is not the same as offering to do the rebuild yourself for a fee....:biggrin:

So now you need to tell us about your mower... I assume it's an International Harvester...?
AND where is Pickens/Easley located?? :smile:KennyV

Last edited:

pugsly69

Threads
I have a LB Model 10545. I used to have an IH Model 301, but recently sold it. I still have my first LB, which is a Scamp (standard 4-corner wheel configuration) and this is old reliable. I'm in the process of doing a complete rebuild on it.