Getting Rid of the Rust

Hershey

Threads
We have a couple of items that have rusted from being left outside or mishandled. It just caught up with us when we weren't looking. Is there a way to remove the rust, or are these trimmers and such goners?

monica123

Threads
I have seen some rust paint out there on the market, there is prep work first like sanding etc, but it may help salvage your things, couldn't hurt to look into it.

Hershey

Threads
Thanks so very much for the comments and the link. I will be sure to check that out. I'd rather get our stuff back in line than get something new.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks so very much for the comments and the link. I will be sure to check that out. I'd rather get our stuff back in line than get something new.

When I was younger and didn't have a decent car (meaning the body was rusted), or the smarts to take care of my toys, I'd use a product called Naval Jelly, which is basically just phosphoric acid...the same chemical is sold as rust killer or rust remover, under numerous brand names. According to my Google search it is still available...but I have had no experience with the products for a LONG time.

stuckinnj

Threads
2nd Kenny V re: POR15. You can buy a starter kit which includes the cleaner, primer & POR15 for about $19.00 It goes a long way. I use it on my trailers, farm equipment, manure spreader, mowers etc. I would recommend top coating after curing as UV will affect the longevitiy of the product.

Did I mention that it's made right here in New Jersey, where the new state motto is better engineering through chemicals. That don't call this the garbage state for nothing..........