Garden Tiller

Bethieboo

Threads
I got a GardenWay Speedy Hoe tiller for ten bucks at a garage sale. I got it started once and haven't been able to start it again. I think there could have been water in the gas tank. I replaced it. What else do I need to get it working?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got a GardenWay Speedy Hoe tiller for ten bucks at a garage sale. I got it started once and haven't been able to start it again. I think there could have been water in the gas tank. I replaced it. What else do I need to get it working?

You mean you replaced the fuel in the tank? If the fuel was dirty or stale, the lower the level in the tank got, the more crud would end up in the carb float bowl. Odds are the fuel finally plugged up the jets in the carb so no fresh fuel will flow, try this: Remove the spark plug, if the tip of the plug isn't wet with fuel (indication of flooding) try putting a half teaspoonfull of fresh gas in the plug hole, then reinstall the plug and be sure the plug wire makes a good connection. See if the engine will start for a second or two, that will point out a "no fuel" situation. Or maybe there is no spark, meaning the plug is fouled or bad.

Cleaning a carb is somewhat beyond the scope of explaining here, but maybe this will help you narrow the problem down.