Engine Need help with voltage regulator

Kevinblaine

Threads
1991 416 8 wheel horse 16 horse onan , have 4 post regulator , 2 white hooked 1 red 1 grey wire not sure were to hook and schematic does not show grey wire , I hooked red to black and red but lost on the grey one ???

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello & WELCOME to LMF...

Do you know if it is a regulator, or is it a rectifier?
If not, there may be someone here that is familiar with it.... :smile:KennyV

Kevinblaine

Threads
Actually I think the blue print says regulator / rectifier ???

Kevinblaine

Threads
I think the schematic did say regulator/ rectifier ?? Don't know the difference myself

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you link, or post a picture of the schematic?

Kevinblaine

Threads
Don't know if I can post pic , the piece in guestion is flat with 3 lower post , white ( hooked into engine ) grey wire red wire a white wire on top post runs into engine , red wire is marked b+ and runs to red/blk on other side of connector , that grey wire does not show anywere on schematic , I was hoping someone out their had this mower and could tell me were theirs hook up, mower runs lights work but that flat card looking rectifier is getting hot on white wire over the grey so I unhooked it cause I spliced it into red and ran both to red / black , oops

Kevinblaine

Threads
And so you know I apreciate ur help , wheel horse told me to run it to accessory wire but they said they were just guessing , they gave me the schematic and said its common to be missing wires so I have to guess bahaha , scared I'm gonna burn something up , the connector just corroded on me I don't need more repairs !! Lol

Kevinblaine

Threads
Ya iPhone not letting me post on here , it's a credit card with 3 lower post 1 upper post , best I can discribe it , the red is marked b+ but they run it to blk/rd not RED that is marked b+ ???

Kevinblaine

Threads
Ok got this far , blk/rd is spliced to red so that's good , I understand rectifier is internal hooked to flywheel , magneto ??? Regulator runs to it , so white wires r good hooked internal to rectifier , so I think my guestion is grey wire does it hook to accessory to complete loop for regulator or what , 1991 wheelhorse toro 416 8 onan engine