Craftsman Hedgetrimmer primer bulb problem- GENERAL QUESTION THOUGH

tonyvisone

Threads
  • / Craftsman Hedgetrimmer primer bulb problem- GENERAL QUESTION THOUGH
hey guys,

i have a craftsman headgetrimmer, and the primer bulb wont pump. i push pretty hard but it wont compress. i took it apart, (removed it from the carb, and took the fuel lines apart), and it still wouldnt

any help is appreciated. thanks a lot

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the primer is part of the carb as some of them are then I would say that the carb is plugged and needs cleaned. If it is a separate item and it won't pump when the lines are disconnected then the primer is plujgged and needs to be replaced.

On a lot of the poulan/craftsman trimmers and saws the complete carb is not very expensive and is easier to replace the entire carb then it is to repair. a lot of the carbs are in the $24-28 range, were the kit to repair is about $10 plus your time.

tonyvisone

Threads
Primer works, but still having original problem

If the primer is part of the carb as some of them are then I would say that the carb is plugged and needs cleaned. If it is a separate item and it won't pump when the lines are disconnected then the primer is plujgged and needs to be replaced.

On a lot of the poulan/craftsman trimmers and saws the complete carb is not very expensive and is easier to replace the entire carb then it is to repair. a lot of the carbs are in the $24-28 range, were the kit to repair is about $10 plus your time.

before making this thread, i had the primer off, cleaned it, even though it was already clean, and it still wouldnt pump. it sat for a few days and magically works fine now.

however, i am still having the problem ive had for a while. it will idle, but if i give it throttle, it dies. the only way i can rev it up is to ease on the throttle slowly. then it dies once i get to high throttle. i can make a video of this and post it. it seems to prefer the choke.

i also realized the other day that the fuel filter was floating around in the gas tank. i put it back but still have a ? about it that hard to describe. ill show it in the video though.

tonyvisone

Threads