What have you pulled with your Ventrac?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check out their web site too for other attachments etc. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I was talking about ventracs to one of my regions directors. He'd never heard of them. So I told him about them and their capabilities and attachments. We usually spend around $20k on our mowers, so they are worth looking into.

Raw Dodge

Threads
I have pulled my 20 foot enclosed trailer with mine,it's about 4000 lbs, just put the 4231 in low range and grabbed a hundred lbs or so of dirt in the slip scoop for ballast. The ground was too soft to use my pickup,The ventrac pulled it thru my mushy backyard after a rain storm easily,my 7k pickup couldn't it was sinking.
My ventrac hasn't pulled nothing next to our steiners,only because I haven't had it long yet...the steiners pull 1800 lbs of mowers 12-20 hrs a week 25 weeks a yr....in 100 degree heat. Whatever you want to pull with your ventrac is probably nothing compared to what they can do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 28

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll try this again -- the forum locked up yesterday after I had this all entered and before I could send it.

My neighbor recently turned over his New Holland TC18 with the Bush Hog attached.
He was lucky to jump off and the ROPS kept it from rolling over him.
He went down there with his Expedition and got it stuck attempting to get the NH back on it's wheels.
Managed to get the Expedition stuck and did not get the NH flipped back up.
I got a frantic email from his wife "can you come" -- I quickly put the dual wheels on the rear and went over.
Pulled out the Expedition and got the NH flipped up.
The neighbor now has a VENTRAC ordered and is scheduled for delivery this week ! :smile: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Threads
I'll try this again -- the forum locked up yesterday after I had this all entered and before I could send it.

My neighbor recently turned over his New Holland TC18 with the Bush Hog attached.
He went down there with his Expedition and got it stuck attempting to get the NH back on it's wheels.
I got a frantic email from his wife "can you come" -- I quickly put the dual wheels on the rear and went over.
The neighbor now has a VENTRAC ordered and is scheduled for delivery this week ! :smile: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

That's a good way to promote a Ventrac! :laughing::thumbsup:

Raw Dodge

Threads

Great story! I've had many ppl want to buy a ventrac after seeing mine work,until they find out how expensive they are.i did have a friend buy a 4100 after running my steiner a few hours he was hooked.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, they are expensive, but it beats having a tractor turn over on you and being killed or spending a LONG time in a hospital.

The ability and versatility of the Ventrac beats everything else on the market for slopes and uneven ground. I believe the 4500 is built even tougher than the 4200 (if that is possible) ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Raw Dodge

Threads
I agree, I actually think that the Steiners are more stable, possibly because mine are old with no ROPS bar, but they seem to hold a steeper hill and climb steeper to me. We've got liked new Field Traxx tires on both. Don't forget I've got 24yrs time running them as opposed to less than 2 seasons on the Ventrac 4231..

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Off topic of pulling, but may be of interest.
The neighbor now has his VENTRAC 4500 and he is getting used to it. He said that it feels wierd to have the front and back tilt differently as he goes over uneven ground, but he does not feel like it might tip over like he always did with the NH. He only has maybe 6 hours on it, so it will take him a while to get the feel for it.
I think the 4500 Kawasaki is a little more quiet than the Briggs/Daihatsu - the muffler is under the hood and wraped with a heat shield blanket.

toro5xi

Threads
Hi BK

I have yet to try one of the new 4500 series other than the show room floor. Got an offer on my 3223D the other day but not sure I want to let it go. Does anyone know if all the older 4000 series are long gone? Guess I was hoping to maybe find a deal on one somewhere.

Thanks

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what is available, but the 4231 should last for thousands of hours.
I didn't drive the 4500 that my neighbor just got, but some of the controls are a little different. It would take a little learning curve for some things.