BEAST Zero Turn Mower

ztman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have information on the BEAST zero turn commercial mower? It looks like a good buy, but very new on the market. It sells for $3799.00 for the 22 HP 54" and about $4999 for the 61". I can't find a dealer that has one on hand.

khaggins

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have information on the BEAST zero turn commercial mower? It looks like a good buy, but very new on the market. It sells for $3799.00 for the 22 HP 54" and about $4999 for the 61". I can't find a dealer that has one on hand.

I just signed up today. Happy to be a part of the forum..

This post reply is most likely stale but in the interest of someone else seeking information on this product I will respond to your question. I am considering buying the 62 inch deck but am reconsidering it. Love the look of it but looks don't cut lawns.

One thing that really stuck in my mind when doing the research is someone stated on one forum that they thought HD was taking advantage of folks getting into the business because of the economy. HD says the Beast is commercial but it may not be. Cost is definitely a barrier for entering the industry. HD maybe providing a cheaper shortcut that may cost you perhaps mid cutting season. Now look at you. And maintenance support is a big question! Who is going to fix the darn thing?

1. Try doing a search on "beastpowerequipment" - all one word. Check out sites with URL's that make reference to sites / forums other than Home Depot.

2. Most of the Commercial Guys recommend not to take the plunge. Basically, Home Depot + Off Brand Product + No Proven Track Record + No true maintenance program other than HD support = to words like - Disaster, always broken, slow support...

3. I build websites and what really set flags for me is the site "beastpowerequipment.com" is not complete. Warranty information is not clearly stated. You would think if a big company like HD is your main sponsor you would have enough money to complete your website. The marketing strategy is "We sell and manufacture exclusively for HD!"

4. Seems like its hard to find parts for the Kawasaki Engine.

5. And lastly...I'm big about buying AMERICAN!!! In today's economy we should all try to buy with that in mind. I don't like that fact that the engine and main assembly are not AMERICAN built especially with Americans that could use the work.

6. Some of the local repair shops will not fix equipment sold at some of these stores like Sears, HD or Lowes.

7. I found a used ZT 62 deck rider that normally sold for $5k now for $4k. It may have had 5 hours on it. I asked the store associates what was wrong with it and they just said the owner ordered it and just bought it. I made the offer on it and the manager called back within the hour to accept my offer! Two flags here!!!

8. Here are a couple of links

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=324652

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=323165

Good luck to the both of us!:thumbsup:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just signed up today. Happy to be a part of the forum..

Good luck to the both of us!:thumbsup:

Well stated, Welcome to the forum. I hope to hear more from you:thumbsup:
RB

Semiretired

Threads
Basic rule of thumb is that if it's sold at H.D., Lowes, etc. and they say it's commercial grade, you can bet it isn't.

noma

Threads
Hay ZTman

Welcome aboard hope to hear a lot more from you i see your from Minnesota to what part of Minnesota are you from i'm from the southwestern corner:licking:

scoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the 48 inch mower which is not returnable they never told me this when ordering

It broke down before finishing my lawn 1 time and I only have a little over an acre. The 20 amp fuse is popping on it and has trouble running with air filter on it

I called for service and the service number is basically someone out of a spare room in their parents house. First its busy for an hour then it goes to a full voicemail then someone picks up says hello and hangs up then it goes into an auto loop asking for different departments and it just keeps going to the start again.

I call Home Depot and they cant get in touch with the company and don't seem to care about taking my $2500+ .

It has less then 2 hours on it and it has popped 5 fuses and fuel wouldn't flow one time

Flowin&MowinThugRAT

Forum Newbie
Threads
i can sell you one, 500$ but it needs to go quick. Sorry no ID number on it, mustve fallen off