Post your mower mishaps...here is my latest

Hershey

Threads
Fortunately, all we've ever had to do is read about mower mishaps. Goodness knows that the possibility of craziness is always out there, but we do try to take precautions and right now we have the best kind -- a lawn service. :}

briggs

Threads
i hit a golf ball and put it threw the shop window ...The funny thing is i don't play golf where it came from i don't know ..I also hit the property stake when i first moved here that made a big crunch and broke the blade and mandrel on my sears craftsman we found out where it was its bright orange now :frown:I also tore the trans out of my old MTD going up my dads drive way its asphalt and there was some oil on it from the truck it started to spin then it hooked and tore the top off the trans that was not a fun job replacing the trans lol

cohen

Threads
This didn't happen to me and this happened when I was a kid. But this is the only one I can think of.

The blade of the trimmer flew like a frisbee and hit my brother's friend on the shin. His leg was amputated. Terrible. How on earth could that blade possibly fly like a frisbee? This was why I'm paranoid about trimmers.

Ken Kegris

Threads
While mowing with the Kioti CK2510 I was using cruise control came out of the field and started to mow lawn made a turn and left off the pedal and the tractor kept going down a row of my neighbors corn. He's a good neighbor and did not want paid.

Another time my wife caught a piece of the orange baler twine and tore the center pulley and spindle right out of the deck and bent the right spindle. Needless to say that was my last snapper and it was a week old. Took a lot of mig welding to fix that one.

Another time my wife was mowing with the 2410 Kioti and crossed over the well pit and the 3 point and caught the lid and the tractor went in the well. That bill was 135 Dollars.

Mr. Ed

Threads
"Found" a surveyor's steel pipe at the corner of my property where my neighbor hadn't mowed. Bent the crank, and warped the blade of a three year old off-brand push mower. Good riddance... I hated that mower anyway and this was an excuse to replace it. :laughing:

deck~dragger

Threads
Fishing boat anchor, hidden in high grass = very loud metallic grinding with much sparks.

Bwells

Threads
A fairly good slope in one section and I always spray roundup around the rocks so I can see them. I can't mow up so I circle around and mow down. I missed a rock with the spray but not the mower. Stopped dead so I rolled forward and saw what I did so I fired it up and engaged the blade and was completely covered in a dust cloud where I could not see the steering wheel. Shut everything off and waited till the dust left, looked behind me and I had cut a 2" deep trench 22" wide for two feet.
It turns out that when I hit that rock, it bent the blade 90 degrees for the first 3". I don't think I could replicate that with a torch, vice and a sledge hammer. New blade and no vibration so I think the shaft is okay but I don't see how!

Ken Kegris

Threads
I did another boo boo I was driving around on my neighbors property with a small tricycle Allis C and hit what is known as a blow hole the front wheels went down in and thru me out over the front of the tractor, and of course it was in the brier patch, I had shorts on and flip flops I walked all the way home to get the other tractor to lift it out of the hole and pull it home .
Damage caused, pushed the starter crank back into the crankshaft and it could not be started, and cracked the part that went down to the two front wheels, I sold it. I had over 1000.00 from when my neighbor rolled it over and was tired putting money into so it left for 400.00.

Kenny

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
this was some time ago, but when I bought my house 25 years ago, was mowing the bottom acre near the pond and snapped the spindle right off the deck, when I looked to see what I hit, it turned out to be a small block chevy engine that was just sticking about 4 inches up out of the earth

cashman

Threads
I think the worst thing I ever hit while mowing grass. I was mowing with an Ariens GT-17 with a 48" deck and hit one of those springs off an 18 wheeler that hold the air brake lines between the tractor and trailer. Those springs when relaxed, are about four feet long and about three inches in diameter It took me about an hour using a pair of diagonal cutters to cut it away wrapped around the three blades under the deck.