Post your mower mishaps...here is my latest

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Normally I don't mind having to fix one of my toys, except when the repairs are needed because I did something stupid to cause it. :mad:

In the middle of my property is a big pile of fieldstone that I am using as a decorative border around the house, last week I was throwing some of them into my wheelbarrow and pushed them up to spread around. The grass by the pile wasn't too high then, but it really grew since then. Started up my push mower this morning, and of course there was a baseball size stone hidden in the tall grass....WHANG...the engine stopped dead and I said a few dirty words. Crossed my fingers and wheeled the mower back to the barn, propped it up and saw the nearly-new mulching blade badly bent at one end, and the chute deflector was broken. Said a few more dirty words and replaced the $20 blade and found a chute deflector on a parts mower that fit. Started the engine up, and thankfully no vibration from a bent crankshaft. Has anyone ever had a bent crank from hitting something with a blade? I have bent two or three others with the same size of stone on different mowers in the past. DUMB ME. :frown:

jacko

Threads
Aw don't feel bad! We all do silly things.. hehe but you already know that about me! Glad to hear that it doesn't sound to bad... could have been worse! Keep us posted on your fix!

cren

Threads
I have had some real lucky times so far but a friend has not been so lucky with my own. I have yet to run anything over other than the random twig that gets lost when I mow in the evening hours.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
102_2912.jpg

Meg-Mo blades on Ventrac 60" deck.

jross

Threads
Meg-mo blade on John Deere 56. It's like riding on a 6 hp bush hog.

Tillie

Threads
Yeah, we did the same thing last year. We hit part of a cider block we were using to make a flower border. And I think we bent something permanently because when we lift the mower to turn it, it sounds like grating metal. We live, maybe we'll learn.

jacko

Threads
I guess I have gotten off pretty lucky. I have never run over anything serious as of yet. I almost did one time thought. My son left a shovel laying in the yard and the grass was a little high. I saw it and took it in luckily enough.

noodle

Threads
I have had my kids leave rakes out in the yard before and steped on them and then been whacked in the face. You would not imagine it looks like it does on the cartoons.... but I promise you it can! :eek: