Husq 2348 - how long will it last ?

TheWatfordFox

Threads
My Husq is now 5 years and 500 hours old. I was told that o ce it had reached 500 hours I should change it, as it would become expensive to repair, and I might be better putting the money towards a new tractor.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or just a fable. How many hours does anyone have on their 2348 ? Do the maintenance costs dramatically increase ? Should I trade in ?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
If it is still working fine, don't get rid of it just because of what some people have said.

As I said in another thread, Lawn Mower life spans vary a lot, so it could last a lot longer than 500 hours.

Just keep using it and servicing it regularly (perhaps more regularly if you want to be safe) until it starts to get problems, then think about replacing it.

mullins87

Threads
If it's not giving you any trouble, then keep it. Only when it becomes so unreliable that you spend just as much time fixing it as you do mowing with it would I consider buying a "new" one. But that's just my opinion.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it was mine I would say it is just getting broken in with only 500 hrs. Just make sure you keep your maintenance up on it.

TheWatfordFox

Threads
Thanks to all. Must be honest my instinct is to keep it. I have a Volvo V70 diesel with 240K on the clock and that just gets better and better.
I wonder who has the Lawn Tractor with the highest hours ?:rolleyes:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Thanks to all. Must be honest my instinct is to keep it. I have a Volvo V70 diesel with 240K on the clock and that just gets better and better.
I wonder who has the Lawn Tractor with the highest hours ?:rolleyes:
Now that would be interesting...

Come on guys - Who has the highest ?

mullins87

Threads
Now that would be interesting...

Come on guys - Who has the highest ?

IF we do a poll, then categories should be established. Diesel commercial mowers should be separated from residential gasoline mowers. It's not uncommon to see 4k hours on a diesel commercial mower.

mowitall.cl

Threads
I am a dealer and most hours on commercial z turn i have seen was ferris 1000z with 4700 hrs with second engine. Most on home owner tractor is 1400 on simplicity sunstar 20hp 60 deck athenslawn.com