Echo CS450 Chain Saws won't start

simonds

Forum Newbie
Threads
You bought one from Home Depot and had a problem which they would not take care of. Then you buy another one from Home Depot and have another problem. Did you learn anything yet? Stop by a local dealer who sells chain saws. If you do have a problem, I'll bet they will take care of it and probably at no cost to you. They will keep their customers happy or loose buisness. Many of Home Depot and Lowes items are not the same ones that you buy from a dealer. They get a cheaper wholesale cost because the manufacturer will build it with much cheaper parts. Don't know why many people haven't learned this yet. You get what you pay for!!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been using Stihl and Husqvarna oils respectively in my two strokes for years but I haven't noticed any benefit to the added fuel conditioner that is supposed to have been added to the oils. since ethanol has been in full swing here in CT, (red) StaBil isn't doing the job either. I was not at all impressed with the green B&S packaged conditioner and stopped using it years ago. SeaFoam and Star Brite enzyme (blue) conditioners are doing the job for me. I'm not sure why, but my Stihl carbs are much more sensitive to fuel that my Husqvarna carbs are although they are made by the same company which is Zama.
Some of you may be old enough to remember when phosphates were added to the gasoline when the lead was removed, it was death to hundreds of thousands of two stroke engines in the late 60s-mid 70s. In 1968 I bought a new 50 HP Mercury outboard for my boat, it blew up before the 12 month warranty expired. I thought that I had a bad Merc, but I went to work for a power equipment/outboard dealer in 1969 and I found out that it was the phosphated gasoline that was the problem. Fortunately the phosphate additives were stopped in the early 70s.
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

EmerichSales

Threads
Higher Test Fuel and Stabilizer is a help but Not a Cure. Most Quality Brand 2-Cycle oils have stabilizer already in them.

Out of every $100 , $68 dollars stay's in the Local economy when spent at a Local Dealer as compared to $43 stay's in the Local economy when spent at a Big Box Store!!

Briggs92

Threads
Ba sure your not flooding it. It's very common for people to put the choke on and pull it over till it fires and keep pulling on it cause it won stay running. Once it fires on choke take it off and pull it a couple more times and it will start. The easiest way to unflood an engine is have the choke off and pull it over many times with the throttle wide open.

EmerichSales

Threads
That is Very True. Normally Choke till you here it try and start for a split second. Take choke Off and pull it one to two times to start. If it's flooded then do what Briggs92 said.

Little Al

Forum Newbie
Threads
Another point to add if you are spraying fuel into the carb/ cylinder, DO NOT use starter fluid as it con tains no oil & if used in quantity will wash off all the lube residue left from the mix & could & has caused seizures .Use only fuel mix the same ratio as you run the machine on