Amsoil 2 cycle mix

Fireman 123

Threads
Anyone using the amsoil saber synthetic 2 cycle mix in their lawn equipment? I use Lawn Boy mowers(32:1) and Sthil trimmer / blower(50:1). This product can be mixed 100:1, although I wouldn't personally run my equipment that lean. I have read that it does really well at 50:1 in Lawn Boys. I've ordered a quart to give it a try. If it works well, I won't have to use separate fuel containers/mixes. Any other info/experiences would be appreciated.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Come on this is where amsoilman should be able to step in.

Sammy the Red

Threads
I use Stihl Ultra in all my 2-cycle equipment.
Tried the Amsoil last year. One trimmer it made no change at all. Another trimmer ran worse with it, so I went back to the Stihl Ultra.....Now everyone is happy again ! :smile:

Tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hiya,

I started using Amsoil 2 stroke back in 1978, always mixed at 100-1 no matter what it went in.

Used it in all the MX bikes I raced in the 80's, trimmers, blowers, edgers and clippers when I ran a landscape business in the late 80's and 90's. The bike top ends lasted longer than with either spectro or bel-ray and the 100-1 ratio saved me money with the business. The equipment never broke, seized, plugged spark arrestor screens or fouled plugs.

I still use it in all the 2 strokes I have, nothing but great results for over 30 years at 100-1

Tom

Fireman 123

Threads
Tom said:
Hiya,

I started using Amsoil 2 stroke back in 1978, always mixed at 100-1 no matter what it went in.

Used it in all the MX bikes I raced in the 80's, trimmers, blowers, edgers and clippers when I ran a landscape business in the late 80's and 90's. The bike top ends lasted longer than with either spectro or bel-ray and the 100-1 ratio saved me money with the business. The equipment never broke, seized, plugged spark arrestor screens or fouled plugs.

I still use it in all the 2 strokes I have, nothing but great results for over 30 years at 100-1

Tom

Thanks Tom. That's a testimony I like to read about. I'll start off with a modest 50:1.

Fireman 123

Threads
I ordered a quart to try it out. Too bad the mowing season is done for in my area. I work on/sell LB's so I'll at least get to run it some.

amsoilman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello and hope i can give some oil mixing tips. All manufacturer of two stroke specs state 33/1, 50/1 , 40/1. Thats all if you use DINO lubes. Yes its true you can mix your two stroke much leaner on oil to fuel. Most info from Amsoil state on your injection systems you may have to REDUCE the amount of oil percentages. I personally use 100 to one mix on ALL my equipment. Chain saws, weed wackers, My wifes Lawn boy, Blower, My old Mopeds , Outboards, and snowmobiles. I disconnect all my injections systems as you donot know when it fails untill it BLOWS up..TO LATE..You check out all Boat racers. They MIX, Sled racers,MIX. That way they know its getting proper oil for the use they are giving it.I have 100/1 mix ONLY in my garage and that way I know I have no mismixed fuels .Thank you for letting myself possible clear up this issue.Any further questions on lubes please donot hesitate to contact myself.
Amsoilman :thumbsup:

benski

Threads
I've been using Amsoil 2-stroke 100:1 oil (in all of its formulations) and other products in their product line since I signed up the early 1980s and have had great results. I'm not on this thread or forum to recruit new dealers under me, but I've had great results with various Amsoil products in outboards, gas and diesel inboards, marine transmissions, hydraulic systems, automobiles and trucks, under less than, shall we say, ideal operating conditions.:wink: Just my $.02.