Buying Advice toro wheelhorse

boston

Threads
I'm buying a used 12 HP wheel horse for $200. There is no rust and it cuts and runs well. Its cosmetically a little beat up but its in good shape overall. Is this a good buy?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know what model you are getting but I have had a 312H 12 HP Kohler for years and also I work on a lot of Wheel horses with my repair business. I have cut a lot of grass with it and moved a lot of snow and dirt with a blade but since I got my Ferris I only use it in the winter now with a snow blower. The tractor has no problems but the Wheel Horse snow blower accessory is a peace of junk. You will be getting one well made tractor. I don't think everyone agrees with me but I think the Wheel Horse is one of the better made garden tractors. But I sure not going to braig about the single stage Wheel horse snower blower.

boston

Threads
How would you say wheel horse is compared to a craftsman tractor?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
How would you say wheel horse is compared to a craftsman tractor?

I would say a craftsman is a yard tractor and a wheelhorse is a garden tracror. I don't know what model or year Wheel horse you are looking at. You are going to pay a lot more for a new Wheelhorse then a new Craftsman and will be getting a lot more tractor with a Wheel horse.

boston

Threads
Right now I have a craftsman kholer 15 hp and It seems to be very heavy duty and I can tow heavy and mow anything. The wheels are also large. The wheel horse I'm buying has a 32" deck and I never bought a tractor that small. I will definitely buy the tractor though

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Right now I have a craftsman kholer 15 hp and It seems to be very heavy duty and I can tow heavy and mow anything. The wheels are also large. The wheel horse I'm buying has a 32" deck and I never bought a tractor that small. I will definitely buy the tractor though

There is nothing bad or wrong with the Craftsman, well made. Are we comparing the two tractors year for year and models for model? If you were to buy a Wheel Horse or a Craftsman's the Wheel Horse is a lot heavier made tractor and more money to buy. It looks like $200 is a good price for the Wheel Horse if it isn't wore out peace of junk. Parts for a Wheel Horse don't come cheap . If you need engine rebuild and a lot of repairs you could buy another new Craftsman. Just don't get over your head buying a old mower unless you are doing a hobby.

boston

Threads
Well I do have a small landscaping buisness and the craftsman worked good for me but since I found a good price for the toro wheel horse, I decided I should bbuy it. This wheel horse is a newer one, I think maybe a 2000 model. I haven't bought it yet but I'm debating whether to tthe Toro or a grass catcher for my craftsman because I really need one