foam filter oil ?

Tindal

Threads
what type of oil do you use on foam filters?
I use Bel-Ray foam filter oil from a motorcycle shop , my cousan that races dirt bikes turned me on to it years ago and I havent found anything that even comes close to this stuff.

mullins87

Threads
Don't know if it's any better or worse than others, but I have a spray can of Uni brand that is very convenient.

benski

Threads
For me, the Amsoil foam filter oil. Anything with the tackifiers in it would probably work just dandy, though.:biggrin:

benski

Threads
I just pour some oil on it.

Regular motor oil will have a tendency to gravitate to the bottom of the air cleaner housing over time, and washout from carburetor fogging.

amsoilman

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I may weigh in here. Most OILED foam filters are reoiled wrong. You cannot spray on an even coat of any lube to be correct. Now depending on the size of your foam filter you can pit into a baggie that will allow your filter to fit. Then You van put in 1/2 oz to whatever your filter size will handle. I use 1 oz. on my motorcycle filters that need washing with Concentrated Dish soap in hot water and reoiled. Put the amount in the baggie and just squeeze into filter for a few minutes and you will be suprised on how little and easy it is to reoil after washing clean.. Thank you for allowing myself to be of any service.
Amsoilman :thumbsup: