Where can I buy 8 gauge wire for my battery cable for very little money

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
E-Bay, If it was me I would go a little heavier gauge for battery cables

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Buy a pair of garage sale jumper cables and make your own with ends that are available to crimp/solder. In fact you can make several and sell the excess.:laughing:

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
TSC sells a roll of battery cable - i bot one because i was tired of spending a fortune on battery cables.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Buy a pair of garage sale jumper cables and make your own with ends that are available to crimp/solder. In fact you can make several and sell the excess.:laughing:

I sure like your idea, going to look into it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
TSC sells a roll of battery cable - i bot one because i was tired of spending a fortune on battery cables.

The problem with buying a roll of cable you only get one color, I like the jumper cables idea much better because they come in red and black. Unless you buy two rolls of cable of different colors. When you do work for customers this is very important because they will mix them up for sure and do damage.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem with buying a roll of cable you only get one color, I like the jumper cables idea much better because they come in red and black. Unless you buy two rolls of cable of different colors. When you do work for customers this is very important because they will mix them up for sure and do damage.
Aw heck, a can of aresol red and black will take care of any color problems and I thought everyone had those two colors on the shelf.:biggrin:

HotRodMurray

Threads
i think im going to go with the jumper cable so i dont have to buy 2 roles of wire

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Aw heck, a can of aresol red and black will take care of any color problems and I thought everyone had those two colors on the shelf.:biggrin:

I best not give my opinion on the painted battery cables, not going to happen, I have also seen colored tape on the cables. Not my style of work.

fastback

Threads
You don't say what you need the wire for. If its for batery cables you can go to Auto Zone or others and buy red or black automotive battery cables. They come in different lengths. Cut the battery end off. I have made ends using copper pipe, cut a piece about 1 inch ling flaten one end drill a hole and solder the piece to the cable. will prbably outlast the tractor. Or you can buy new copper ends at a auto suppy house. Good luck..