Pros and Cons of Lawn Tractors vs Garden Tractors vs Zero Turn

Sammy the Red

Threads
  • / Pros and Cons of Lawn Tractors vs Garden Tractors vs Zero Turn
Post your thoughts here about what you think of each.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

In the future, this thread can be referred to for aspects of buying one or the other.

This thread is meant to be a positive addition to the site, so as not to clutter up or bash on a poster when they seek information about a specific type.

Thank You, and Have a Nice Day. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Sammy the Red..
This would have been a good thread some time back.
The problem... there is a single individual that will drone ON & ON with the sole purpose of being argumentative.
I will not participate in his "method' of posting, it serves only to alienate members...

I have through, the years used push mowers, LTs, GTs and ZTs... It has been a great progression of mowers... from the way we did things in the 50's to present years... Incredible advances in mower technologies over the decades...
I will enjoy following some of the responses you get to this post. :smile:KennyV

LandN

Threads
Hello Sammy the Red..
This would have been a good thread some time back.
The problem... there is a single individual that will drone ON & ON with the sole purpose of being argumentative.
I will not participate in his "method' of posting, it serves only to alienate members...

I have through the years used push mowers, LTs, GTs and ZTs... It has been a great progression of mowers... from the way we do things50 to present years... Incredible advances in mower technologies over the decades...
I will enjoy following some of the responses you get to this post. :smile:KennyV

your right kenny on the advances of mowers . yesterday i was looking online at zt's and such and found a convertable mower,almost like a transformer.you can ride it like a zt or switch it and walk it for places you can't ride through.awesome:thumbsup: now this mower may have been around awhile but it's the first i seen it. but then i'm not in that market yet.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
.. i was looking online at zt's and such and found a convertable mower,almost like a transformer.you can ride it like a zt or switch it and walk it for places you can't ride through.awesome:thumbsup:

That sounds interesting... Was it also a stand on... I think I have seen walk behind stand on combination...
What make, do you recall...?
It could be a good cross over conversion type, to fit within Sammy the Red's thread here... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
your right kenny on the advances of mowers . yesterday i was looking online at zt's and such and found a convertable mower,almost like a transformer.you can ride it like a zt or switch it and walk it for places you can't ride through.awesome:thumbsup: now this mower may have been around awhile but it's the first i seen it. but then i'm not in that market yet.

Sounds like your mower mite be a Toro Grandstand, It has a retractable platform for stand-on or walk-behind positions

Parkmower

Threads
LandN said:

The wright sentar is kinda like that

LandN

Threads
to kenny,ric,parkmower. hey guys the mower i was refering to was called convertible mower by rich manufacturing in indiana i was looking at a website sunday that features all american made products and that mower came up so i checked it out it looked pretty slick just google up convertible mowers and check it out . sorry i didn't get back sooner to ya,just got home.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
to kenny,ric,parkmower. hey guys the mower i was refering to was called convertible mower by rich manufacturing in indiana i was looking at a website sunday that features all american made products and that mower came up so i checked it out it looked pretty slick just google up convertible mowers and check it out . sorry i didn't get back sooner to ya,just got home.

Hey that thing is slick, I wish someone here sold the things so I could really get a good look :thumbsup: if you want to check it out the links below.
Convertible Mowers

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Found a youtube video about it... Looks like quite a mower... Bank Mowers - YouTube

That's not exactly a lawn, its rough And a Lot of weeds, plus very steep incline... :smile:KennyV

robert

Threads
May I be so bold as to request that all who have responded read again the op :anyone: