Who made this snowblower?

Mister Mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
image-1506215850.png

image-778943882.png

I picked this blower up the other day and all it has on it is a sticker on the auger housing that says (dynamo). It is a 26" three stage with an 8hp engine. I need to find out who made these so I can see if parts are still available.

motorrefurb

Threads
I want to say MTD or Ariens..... I defiantly worked on that same model before :smile:

HCBPH

Threads
Seeing the tractor unit looks like this (far as I can tell) along with the auger engagement mechanism
536_90515_Snowblower.jpg

And the auger assembly looks like a variation on this one (without the 3d stage it looks like the one above)
IM001143.jpg

Especially is it's a friction disc unit and the insides look like this
IM001186.jpg

I suspect you have a AYP, probably post Murray.
Those pictures are of machines I currently own, hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mister Mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just found a tag that shows it was made in Des Moines, Iowa. The model # starts with 536210 the rest is unreadable. The serial # is 6-49682. These are the current pics of the rebuild.

image-379457541.png

image-315070789.png

HCBPH

Threads
I just found a tag that shows it was made in Des Moines, Iowa. The model # starts with 536210 the rest is unreadable. The serial # is 6-49682. These are the current pics of the rebuild.
View attachment 3875
View attachment 3876

The more I look at that one, the more it looks like it came from the same people as made these. These are Murray but the underlying designs I believe came from some of the companies that Murray acquired, including AYP and Roper (I think)
Though the paddles are different and the 3d stage housing is shaped alittle different in the curve of the addon 3d stage housing, there's alot of similarities between yours and this one. Additionally the base auger housing has the same shape (Craftsman 536.918900). This one is a gear drive transmission unit.
IM001142.jpg

This is where the similarities really come into play. This one has has a friction disc drive but the auger gearbox, augers and base housing look like yours. This is a Craftsman 536.90515 machine
53690515_Auger.jpg

Additionally yours also looks like it has the bolton auger bearings on the end of the auger housing, I suspect the shafts only run half way down the augers and the ends of the auger housing bolt on like all the Murray originated ones I have.
I suspect that the basic design came from something like AYP but may have been sold under either label, assuming it was not a Craftsman labeled machine.

I don't know how Murray assigned serial numbers to their own labeled machines, but those sold through Sears started 536 so that may be your starting point.

Good luck.

Duffer72

Threads
HCBPH- You hit it that is a Roper, couldn't think of it as I haven't seen a snowblower in person in over 15 yrs and the memory is starting to go a little along with other things. :laughing: and if I remember corrrectly there are very few if any parts still avail for them.

Mister Mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate the help with all the leads. The lead on the Murray led me to Dynamark and there Luminaire model. Here is a pic of it.

image-3815322067.png

Thanks again. Now I just need the luck with finding parts.

HCBPH

Threads
Thanks again. Now I just need the luck with finding parts.

So what parts are you looking for? I've found or made alot of pieces and parts for the 7 machines I currently have. If you don't mind doing a few modifications, the problem parts count goes down dramatically.

HCBPH

Threads
I found a blower for sale locally that looks like the same machine. Here's the header:
AMF homko snowking 626 snowblower - $150 (MPLS)
For as long as it lasts, here's the ad:
AMF homko snowking 626 snowblower
That sure looks like the same machine, including the 3d stage shape and beaters.