Need a part number for a "run-stop" cable for a Kawasaki engine

Bill Crowell

Threads
  • / Need a part number for a "run-stop" cable for a Kawasaki engine
I replaced the Tecumseh motor on my Toro walk-behind mower with a Kawasaki 6-hp. vertical shaft engine (No. FJ180V). I need to find a cable and lever to actuate the ignition kill/compression release on the Kawasaki engine. The kill switch cable for the old Tecumseh wasn't strong enough to actuate the compression release on the Kawasaki. It is pretty hard to pull the compression release, so the cable needs to be reasonably hefty.

Thanks in advance.

Shuckapeafarms

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need a part number for a "run-stop" cable for a Kawasaki engine
I replaced the Tecumseh motor on my Toro walk-behind mower with a Kawasaki 6-hp. vertical shaft engine (No. FJ180V). I need to find a cable and lever to actuate the ignition kill/compression release on the Kawasaki engine. The kill switch cable for the old Tecumseh wasn't strong enough to actuate the compression release on the Kawasaki. It is pretty hard to pull the compression release, so the cable needs to be reasonably hefty.

Thanks in advance.

No disrespect but good luck with that one! I have an old John Deere 3K edger with the Kawasaki engine and I pull my hair out trying to get anything for that engine. I'm trying to get carb parts right now and I'm about ready to yank it off the machine and replace it with a B&S Intek. I have a post on here now looking for info if anyone has some regarding Kawasaki small engine parts. If you hear something with yours give me a shout and I will do the same.