ZG222-48 Parking Brake Microswitch

txbeetle

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to forum. Could not find anything when searching the forum concerning this problem so here goes.
The parking brake microswitch get clogged with grass and debris every time I mow and has to be cleared out or the mower won't start. Dealer says it's a maintenance issue not a design flaw. Seems like a bad design to me.

Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes? The microswitch is not easily accessible and is a pain in the rear to find and clean.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
I can't place where it would be located on your 222... But next time you are in at your dealer... check if they have came up with another location on the ZG227 or the 221... If it is as problematic as you say, they likely have done something different on those models... and it it could be done to yours...
Those are Nice Compact ZRTs... :smile:KennyV

txbeetle

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
I can't place where it would be located on your 222... But next time you are in at your dealer... check if they have came up with another location on the ZG227 or the 221... If it is as problematic as you say, they likely have done something different on those models... and it it could be done to yours...
Those are Nice Compact ZRTs... :smile:KennyV

Thanks for the response. I'll check out the 227 and 221. The switch is located under the left floorboard forward. Lots of grass and debris collect in this area which causes the switch to stick. I've contacted Kubota and am waiting for a response. The dealer thinks it's normal to have to crawl under there and clean it after every use. I don't agree.