No Drive when forward OR reverse peddles engaged-Husqvarna YTH2148XP

The Highlander

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / No Drive when forward OR reverse peddles engaged-Husqvarna YTH2148XP
No drive when forward or reverse peddles engaged. Also cannot free wheel mower when freewheel lever engaged.

The sequence of events leading up to this problem are: While mowing the lawn I noticed that there was only one blade cutting. I reversed and then went forward and confirmed that only the right hand blade was cutting. I stopped the machine and had a look at the deck and noticed that one of the drive belts was off the pulley. I then decided to drive back to the shed and check what was wrong. I started the machine but there was no drive forward or reverse. I then removed the cutting deck to get a better look underneath and see if there was anything jammed or out of place or the belt was broken. All looked OK. Tried to push it back to the shed but found that it would not freewheel at all.

Found also that the middle housing mandrel was broken at all four positions. I guess that this would have caused the deck belt to come off the pulley.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Rgds

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
check to make sure theres all the linkages connected.......does it make noise when you try to move?.....it sounds catastrophic:frown:......low fluid?...but that would be noisy

Threads
Sounds like brakes are stuck. Get someone to depress brake pedal while you look under mower,watch where linkage is attached to side of transaxle then push the little lever the opposite way it is being pulled by brake linkage. These mowers are bad for brakes sticking.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes.....the brakes stick sometimes.....especially on the pack style!......but this has a single disc on the outside...worth a look for sure