Is your mowing season over now ?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
It is for me.

This morning I've been a busy bee "winterising" things

I took everything out of the shed, vacuumed it (probably filled the whole bag up with the amount of dirt there was on the carpet!), fired the Lawn Mower up & tied an old wrist watch around the Dead Man's Handle so I could walk away from it and keep on working while it ran itself out of gas, put everything back in the shed, put the mower in the shed when it stalled, checked my shed roof for leaks - of which there were none :smile:, then I fixed the locks on the garage doors, as two of the bolt locks had broken off and meant the doors were about 5" open - not good when the snow comes! So I put new screws in them and realigned the catches, checked the doors sealed good enough to keep rain and snow out - which they did, and got in the house, turned the laptop on and started typing this very, very long paragraph!

Right... So, is your mowing season over ? And have you "winterised" your things ?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
No.. around here the grass is still growing but just slower. I had a delightful weekend a few days ago mowing and burning brush. I still do some mowing every week but it's not as if it has to be done right away or the place will be overgrown.

Here in the Deep South, we mow from early March until mid-December -- or something like that.

Actually, there's always some brush mowing to be done -- only because I never really finish. :biggrin:

Chev

Threads
Mine is just getting started. The Fescue just came out of dormancy and the weather is right for growing.

I'll mow all winter. :smile:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Wow, I'm glad I'm in Scotland then!

July-October mowing - Suits me fine!

I get good mowing pleasure for the best and warmest part of summer, and get to stay in when it is cold.

Ahh, yeah! :biggrin:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
With all the rain We have had,:frown: the Massey is just to heavy to do any mowing.:eek: Clean up the deck and got the tractor ready for pushing snow.:cool: Will have to mow one more time after all the leaves have fallen from the trees and will just use the smaller mowers to finish that.:biggrin:

Parkmower

Threads
Still mowing. Usually into November. But by that time it's more for leaves than grass. I have mowed my homes lawn in December and it needed it. Seems like there is no more fall or spring. Goes from cold to hot in a matter of couple weeks.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is for me.

This morning I've been a busy bee "winterising" things

I took everything out of the shed, vacuumed it (probably filled the whole bag up with the amount of dirt there was on the carpet!), fired the Lawn Mower up & tied an old wrist watch around the Dead Man's Handle so I could walk away from it and keep on working while it ran itself out of gas, put everything back in the shed, put the mower in the shed when it stalled, checked my shed roof for leaks - of which there were none :smile:, then I fixed the locks on the garage doors, as two of the bolt locks had broken off and meant the doors were about 5" open - not good when the snow comes! So I put new screws in them and realigned the catches, checked the doors sealed good enough to keep rain and snow out - which they did, and got in the house, turned the laptop on and started typing this very, very long paragraph!

Right... So, is your mowing season over ? And have you "winterised" your things ?

"THIS MORNING''......:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I have been busy THE LAST THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT trying to prepare for winter...if I wrote down everything I have done so far it would take you an hour to read it all...just serviced my GMC and when I get back I will note what I have done the last two days alone !!!!

Sammy the Red

Threads
Most years, the week of Thanksgiving is when my season is done.
Have mowed as late as Christmas Eve one year.

Normally, I don't do much of anything to prepare equipment for winter.

JimmyTheGlove

Threads
We have been having some rain so I shut off the sprinklers two weeks ago and have only ran them once since. Lawn needs a mow but I have a good feeling it will be the final mow of the season. :thumbsup:

Hopefully I can get around to that this weekend.

If I spent less time on this forum, maybe I'd get some work done! :anyone:

Bison

Threads
last time i mowed the lawn was in beginning sept,thank God its over till mid may:licking:Can't say i enjoy it to much.:smile:
Winterizing the lawn tractor consist out of, park it somewhere out the way in the shed, just shutting it down and take the battery out so it don't freeze.
It'll fire up come may without a problem on the first try since it allways done that for the last 16 yrs.
I never had a problem with the gas going bad.