Is your mowing season over now ?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
last time i mowed the lawn was in beginning sept,thank God its over till mid may:licking:Can't say i enjoy it to much.:smile:
Winterizing the lawn tractor consist out of, park it somewhere out the way in the shed, just shutting it down and take the battery out so it don't freeze.
It'll fire up come may without a problem on the first try since it allways done that for the last 16 yrs.
I never had a problem with the gas going bad.
Yeah, I know what you mean...

I still make sure I run my mower out of gas before storing it for more than a month, just in case, but I once left it sitting for 1 month & 1 week with a full tank when the weather took a bad turn and the grass suddenly slowed, and when I took it out, I gave it three primes of the primer bulb, and it fired up on the first pull with no smoke or signs of misfiring etc...

I'd say you could leave fuel in a mower for at least 2 months, but if the manufacturers want to say 30 days, so be it, but I'll take it with a pinch of grass seed :rolleyes:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
"THIS MORNING''......:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I have been busy THE LAST THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT trying to prepare for winter...if I wrote down everything I have done so far it would take you an hour to read it all...just serviced my GMC and when I get back I will note what I have done the last two days alone !!!!
Your modesty is admirable :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My dad just has to chop up whatever leaves fall down.......

As far as cutting the grass, it's all done. Snowed last night.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
My dad just has to chop up whatever leaves fall down.......

As far as cutting the grass, it's all done. Snowed last night.
I thought I may need my eyes tested - Now I know I do!

That or it does say what I suspect it says and you're joking!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope - got about an inch - and it stuck!