Anything comparable to Lawnboy leaf bagging attachment?

Darl Bundren

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Anything comparable to Lawnboy leaf bagging attachment?
I have a couple of 2 stroke Lawnboys, and the thing I think I like best about them is the ability to use a special mulching plate and big leaf bag to quickly reduce leaves' volume so I can compost them or bag them up.

Unfortunately, the leaf process produces considerable dust, enough to completely gum up the carburetors to the point that keeping my mowers functioning properly has started to get on my nerves.

Do any other walk-behind mower manufacturers offer anything comparable to the Lawnboy setup? Does anyone have experience with the Toro Super Recycler for collecting leaves? That's one mower I'm looking at...

Fireman 123

Threads
Have you looked at the air filter re-location kits that are offered for your mowers?

Darl Bundren

Forum Newbie
Threads
The filters are okay--I can readily clean those after each use. The carbs, however, seem nearly magnetized for the leaf dust, and they are caked and clogged in short order. Would moving the filters move the carbs as well?

Fireman 123

Threads
No, the carb stays in the stock location. Have you replaced the carb gaskets and made sure to keep them clean so the dirt and dust won't have anything to bond to? If it's causing the machine to run poorly, something is making it's way into the carb.

Darl Bundren

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm pretty sure I've got clogged jets; I'm going to have to disassemble them again to clean the jets and bowls. I checked the gaskets up reassembling last time and they looked good. I am toying with the idea of fabricating some shrouds to cover most of the outside of the carb, but I haven't finalized how I'll do that yet.

Fireman 123

Threads
I thought about suggesting the same idea about the shrouds. It may help.

Darl Bundren

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the shrouds plan comes together, I'll post some pictures.