Kubota TG1860 dying out

hvychev77

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey guys/gas, new to the forum here, and i've got some questions about my mower. My mower is a kubota tg1860 gas powered mower that stalls and eventually dies after mowing about a half hour. I have checked to make sure gas lines are clear, checked battery cable connections, cleaned out the gas tank, drained out gas and put in fresh gas,and replaced the fuel filter and it continues to do the same thing. I also mowed with the gas cap loose to make sure it was venting properly and it still stalls and eventually dies on me. any suggestions??? i'm about to pull out my hair!:mad: thanks in advance...........hvychev77

TunnanXWD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you have a schematic for the fuel flow or location of the filters? Tricky, but a Honda KT5000 I just got rid of had an "in line" filter that was much like a cylinder like a ball point pen and "fit in the line", this was not visible from and was discovered by accident after I kept noticing the glass "bowl" go empty and kill the tractor a few moments after it started. The jerk of a mech never caught this, I did after a $700 bill for a machine you can no longer get parts for.

Back to your problem. Is it possible that since it is a gas mower you are undergoing "vapor lock" since you mention that it runs and then shuts down. Gas can and will vaporize just from the position of the line in relation to the engine or other components. So visualize gas .... as a gas (not liquid), under pressure and blocking the liquid fuel flow as it nears that "hot spot" in the engine.

In the "old days" I would be hunting for a sticky spot in the float bowl and even a bowl that has a pin hole and becomes "heavy" not allowing fuel past it.