Differential/Chain Case Lubrication?

gitnby

Threads
Decided to lube all the grease fittings on wheels and blade and to check grease in diff/chain case.

put mower up, pulled plugs and looked inside.

manual says to check for grease in both chambers, but I couldn't see any evidence of grease?

put a few shots of the transmission grease in both chambers, but manual doesn't say how much to put in, it just says don't over fill?

any help on this?

RM88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever get an help on this issue? If not, reply back asap - I work directly with Snapper and I'd be happy to get this answered for you. Let me know!

gitnby

Threads
Did you ever get an help on this issue? If not, reply back asap - I work directly with Snapper and I'd be happy to get this answered for you. Let me know!

Couldn't find any info, so I just put a couple of squirts in each hole.

RM88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Couldn't find any info, so I just put a couple of squirts in each hole.

I'm glad it worked out. If you ever have any questions about your Snapper and you can't find the info online or in your Snapper owner's literature, feel free to reach out to me.

Mwh0428

Threads
in my snapper manual it says that your supose to add the oil untill its at the bottom of the whole with the mower standing on end

snapsstorer

Threads
I'm glad it worked out. If you ever have any questions about your Snapper and you can't find the info online or in your Snapper owner's literature, feel free to reach out to me.

I ave a Snapper 2000Gx. i want to change the hydro oil in it. Iwas asking around here and was told i could use a non-detergent 10W oil for it. what would you suggest?