Replace or Repair ?

Replace or Repair ?

• Total voters

RjMaan

Threads
I will prefer repairing the old one because you known how to deal with the older one instead of learning the new one. So repairing is the best option in my point of view.

MowerMike

Threads
I will prefer repairing the old one because you known how to deal with the older one instead of learning the new one. So repairing is the best option in my point of view.

It depends where you live. I suspect that living in Pakistan, it is more cost effective to repair and maintain old power equipment like small gas lawn mowers than to buy new replacements. Here in the USA where the cost of shop labor is astronomical and new items are relatively cheap, it is usually more sensible to replace a small item that costs only a few hundred dollars than to have it repaired. Few people in the USA have the knowledge or tools to do more than the most basic maintenance on their OPEs, and most of the cost in repair shops is for labor.

RjMaan

Threads
I think you should repair the older model or you can also compare the specification of both i.e. the older one or the new one and see whats the difference.

Johnkim

Threads
Buy that new one and sell the broken one for half the price or even lesser, it's a win-win choice!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think you should repair the older model or you can also compare the specification of both i.e. the older one or the new one and see whats the difference.

The problem is that 99% of the population do not have the necessary knowledge to make a meaningful comparrison between products which is why there are so many billionairs who made all their money by selling junk to greedy selfish ill informed fools who will happily go buy a new inferiour often dangerous poorly made & designed product every year "cause it is cheap"

On top of that, I am a repair technician and I have trouble understanding what the makers print about their products and most of it is tripe designed to make the product sound 200% better than it is.