Tire Pressure on 2001 33" RER?

gitnby

Threads
I was just reading my Snapper manual on my used 331518KVE-2001 model, and it says to put 12 psi in both front and rear tires.

Mower is at the Lake House, so I don't know the tires sizes off the top of my head, but I do know that max recommended psi embossed on the tires is 12-rear and 22-front, which is what I inflated them to.

Can't imagine you would only put 12 in a tire recommended for 22?
10 pounds is a lot!

I'm guessing the front tires were replaced with a different type/size of tire.
Any ideas?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Though your tire size is spec for your mower... the load capacity for tires will vary according to ply rating and air pressure... Any particular tire size is used on various different mowers...

Your tires will have a max inflation, but you do not need to inflate to the maximum... inflate according to your load on the tire....

Higher inflation on front tires typically steer easier.... but you may have a slightly harsher ride as there is less side wall flex at higher tire pressures... :smile:KennyV

gitnby

Threads
Though your tire size is spec for your mower... the load capacity for tires will vary according to ply rating and air pressure... Any particular tire size is used on various different mowers...

Your tires will have a max inflation, but you do not need to inflate to the maximum... inflate according to your load on the tire....

Higher inflation on front tires typically steer easier.... but you may have a slightly harsher ride as there is less side wall flex at higher tire pressures... :smile:KennyV

I hear what you're saying. I completely understand about load, sidewall flex, ply, speed rating, etc. as my Dad owned a tire store for many years.

But a tire where recommended psi is less than 55% of max seems odd?

Better steering is definitely an argument for higher psi, as is blade height and rolling resistance/fuel usage/stress on engine. Harsh ride is not really a factor on most yards, at least not on mine.