Echo Bed Redefiner

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Anyone had any experiences with or using the Echo Bed Redefiner? (BRD-280) If so any opinions, likes or dislikes.

Last edited:

LandN

Threads
i first thought you were talking about a much bigger unit that i did see a video on a while back,and i'm thinking he wants something that big. so i googled up that model brd280 and that is a real nice unit. i didn't think they made them in such a small lightweight managable piece of equipment.i like it. looks easy to use and seems like you should make it pay for itself in a short time.wont take up much trailer space i would like to think that the engine is strong enough not only to "redefine" but to "define" a new bed that a client wants to install.and although the video was not clear(picture wise) it was hard to tell if the actual "dug out trench" was not filling back in with the remains.see if your dealer can let you demo one..... oh what the heck, just go out and buy the thing:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
i first thought you were talking about a much bigger unit that i did see a video on a while back,and i'm thinking he wants something that big. so i googled up that model brd280 and that is a real nice unit. i didn't think they made them in such a small lightweight manageable piece of equipment.i like it. looks easy to use and seems like you should make it pay for itself in a short time.wont take up much trailer space i would like to think that the engine is strong enough not only to "redefine" but to "define" a new bed that a client wants to install.and although the video was not clear(picture wise) it was hard to tell if the actual "dug out trench" was not filling back in with the remains.see if your dealer can let you demo one..... oh what the heck, just go out and buy the thing:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was just wondering if anyone else had used one and what they thought and whether they had an opinion. I do have one on the trailer and have used it to redefine but never to cut a new bed, it does a great job at that. The guy at the shop said he didn't think he would stock another because of the price involved.
The big down fall to the thing is the price of the blade, it ranges from $80 to $110 :eek: depending on where you buy it.

LandN

Threads
so at that price range for a blade and usable life of the blade,i would think that the redefiner should still be good money in the pocket , being that its a somewhat of a niche market. like hedge trimming/prunning etc,etc,etc.....how long is the life on the blade anyway.i'll have to check my area to see if we sell those up here.thats a pretty cool tool:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
so at that price range for a blade and usable life of the blade,i would think that the redefiner should still be good money in the pocket , being that its a somewhat of a niche market. like hedge trimming/prunning etc,etc,etc.....how long is the life on the blade anyway.i'll have to check my area to see if we sell those up here.thats a pretty cool tool:thumbsup:

Life expectancy of the blade I would guess would depend on how much you use the thing, with me doing beds for people maybe four or five clients a day I expect I'll find out :laughing:
Home depot is supposed to sell the Redefiner and the blades, the problem is they don't stock either at the one down the road from me and when I asked the manager when they going get them in he said never. He said they cost to much to have sitting on the shelf and the home owner wouldn't spend that much money and the lawn-care guys go to the mower businesses but he could order them a any time and It would take about a week to receive it.

I will tell you this if you're thinking about getting one and that's to start build your arm muscles now because the book says its weight is 18lbs but it feels more like twenty five, it's a beast.