Relay?

Threads
I have a mower Bunton BZT-25kohes it has a relay on it 4RD-960-388-07 hella.. I was wondering if anyone might know what this relay is used for? It is Bunton & Textron ztr 61" cut it is very old, and hard to find parts for..

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are only a few things on a mower that have relays...
There is also very limited wiring... Simplest way is to trace the wiring from either the coil contacts of the relay ... or from the switched contact of the relay... :smile:KennyV

Threads
Yep i am in the process of tracing all the wiring to check for shorts, etc. The problem i am having is it has a hot battery but just a click coming from this relay. I have checked the hot at the starter, and it is good but still nothing. I can jump it with the truck, and eventually it will start. I have noticed when i wiggle the ignition harness with the key on the relay clicks back and forth from getting power to loosing contact. I probed the hot to the starter while doing this the relay clicks the test light comes on. I wiggle it again the test light goes off all with the key turned to the run position but the starter still wont engage.. I also noticed yesterday while probing the wiring the hour meter started running but then quit again? It seems like when the click noise is made everything looses power..

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Could be a bad connection/bad wire socket - over time connections can corrode .

Threads
It turned out to not be the relay, or the ignition switch the starter wire from the ignition to the starter had broke somewhere between the switch, and the starter. I ran a test wire directly from the ignition to the starter to bypass the original wire, and it fired right up.. I am going to run a permanent wire to the starter tomorrow.. Thankyou for your reply.. :smile:..

Threads
Ok i got it to turn over now from the bad starter wire being fixed but now i dont have any fire to the magneto?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok i got it to turn over now from the bad starter wire being fixed but now i dont have any fire to the magneto?

I hope you meant.. fire From the magneto...
You do Not want to apply 12 volts To a magneto... :smile:KennyV