Vintage Car Article

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I came across this New York Times article about a guy with HUGE collection of obscure vintage cars. He started when he was nine years old. A quote about him:

At 15, Mr. Gould obtained an auto dealer's license by exploiting a loophole (the application didn't ask for a date of birth, he said). A year or so later, he bought an old Shell gas station that had gone out of business.

There's also a nice photo gallery with the article.

173abn

Threads
when I was a junior in H.S. my dad bought a 1928 Chrysler Sedan,we restored it from the frame up.When I went into the Army in 68 he bought a 1933 Chevy coupe w/the rumble seat in back.Him and my 2 other brothers restored it from the frame up.They were only driven a few times but mostley stayed in his garage.When he died 5yrs ago one was willed to me and the other to my other bro.I did'nt have no where to keep either one w/o it becoming ruined by mice so I let my youngest bro have the Chevy and my other bro have the Chrysler.They still have them but because my old man never drove them they would take a lot of work again to get them running.They are still pretty to look at but the desire to fix them isn't there.They will probaly just stay in the family and be handed down....russ

LandN

Threads
nice article. i like to see such ambition at an early age with no one telling you- you cant do this or that. determination ,will power,perseverence,goals,:laughing::thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
nice article. i like to see such ambition at an early age with no one telling you- you cant do this or that. determination ,will power,perseverence,goals,:laughing::thumbsup:

One of my favorite quotes was authored by Henry Ford:

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right....."

Sammy the Red

Threads
I bet getting parts for those is a real beach.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
No doubt Mr. Gould earned the $$ to buy his purchases in the time honored way that 9 years old do--mowing lawns....:laughing:

:laughing: And then he grew up and became a lawyer to support his car collecting habit. :laughing: