First generation Camaro

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I past by this last weekend and almost broke my neck, I turned my head so fast. The first generation Camaro is one of the muscle cars that I would consider owning, not necessarily this model year.
Anybody know what year this one is?
IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

LandN

Threads
1967 camaro ...side lights came in 1968.

Sammy the Red

Threads
No side markers and also the side vent windows.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The exterior looks great. How's the interior? How much are they asking?

My mom had a 1968 Camaro with a 327 V8 -- many moons ago. :cool:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The exterior looks great. How's the interior? How much are they asking?

My mom had a 1968 Camaro with a 327 V8 -- many moons ago. :cool:

If the car is a true SS and not a clone, depending on the options it is fitted with I would say about $21,000-$27,000, and higher for a numbers matching car (original engine, transmission, etc). There are so many variables involved, pricing is not an exact science. A ragtop would be about $8,000--$10,000 more.

I know cars, especially muscle cars. Sure it looks good, but it could be a Dupont restoration. Last fall my brother and I were at a county fair is southern Michigan, some organization was raffling off a Duster 340, my brother was saying that sure looks good. Well, I pointed out under the hood, whoever "restored" the car had used rubber GARAGE DOOR WEATHERSTRIPPING for weatherseal. My brother was amazed because I was able to spot something like that.

Mower manic

Threads
That is a nice car. A prime example of American muscle. I wish it was in my garage.
It's a 67 no doubt.
I have no Idea what it is worth. That's an investment and it has to be bought right in order to pay off.

173abn

Threads
my first car out of the service in 70 was a 69SS conv. white w/orange stripes.the headlights had the powered covers.Thats a sweet 67 but like JD said buyer beware.I once saw the same car I had in a magazine and the asking price was $80 grand.Does anyone like the new ones?I personally think they look really nice,kinda got that retro look to em...russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
my first car out of the service in 70 was a 69SS conv. white w/orange stripes.the headlights had the powered covers.Thats a sweet 67 but like JD said buyer beware.I once saw the same car I had in a magazine and the asking price was $80 grand.Does anyone like the new ones?I personally think they look really nice,kinda got that retro look to em...russ

Wife's older brother had a '69 SS, when he learned GM was bringing back the Camaro and were modeling it on the '69 model he couldn't put down $$ fast enuff. He put less than 1,000 miles on the car shown in the picture before he traded it in a new Corvette. Must be nice to have that kind of money !!!

Attachments

• BB pics 104.jpg
    BB pics 104.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 27
Threads
It is a nice looking old camaro...:thumbsup: