First generation Camaro

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD tell your BIL that is one pretty car.When I win the lottery I'm getting a yellow one...russ

Funny thing is, his 31 year old son lives in Florida and HE has a yellow one....:laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I grew to hate fuel injection systems from the late 1960s due to my experience with a 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider that I had in the early to mid-1980s.

It was a wonderful car in so many ways but the mechanical fuel injection system it came with was a recurring headache. I finally bit the bullet and bought a conversion kit (very expensive -- about $800 or $900, I think) to install duel Weber two-barrel carbs. From that point on, the car not only performed much better but was very reliable.

For those of you who may not know what these cars look like, here's a picture of a 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider (I'm pretty sure about the year but the 1966-69 models can be hard to tell apart). Mine was the same color. My Alfa had eight-spoke mag wheels (non-standard).

1969-alfa-romeo-duetto-spyder.jpg

The Alfa wasn't a "muscle car" -- the engine was only 1779cc -- but it was a joy to drive.

cubby

Threads
Wife's brother that I posted pic of with his Camaro was here an hour ago, he wanted to show off his Camaro replacement....
Really nice car JD, I'm a big Corvette fan myself. I got a '94 ZR-1 and if I didn't have a lot of college
bills I'd have this same car, same color in a convertible. The Grand Sport has the same body flares
and scoops as the Z06 but not as much horsepower....cubby

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Really nice car JD, I'm a big Corvette fan myself. I got a '94 ZR-1 and if I didn't have a lot of college
bills I'd have this same car, same color in a convertible. The Grand Sport has the same body flares
and scoops as the Z06 but not as much horsepower....cubby

The Z-06 also has an aluminum frame/chasis. Its several hundered pounds lighter than any other corvette. With a 7 liter 505 hp engine that has things like titanium valves...it's stupid fast. At 75k$ it should be.
It's considered slow by most european sports car standards.

jamesslcx

Threads
Two-Stroke I always liked the Alfa Romeo a lot. I like pretty much any Camaro except the new ones, they just dont appeal to me much though the performance is great.

benski

Threads
Re; Post #18; That actor's name is Paul Le Mat. A very young (by comparison to almost 40 years later:eek:) Harrison Ford drove that very cool '55 Chevy seen towards the end of the film.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never really understood the use of having a 500 plus hp car that wll go 155 mph when the speed limit is 70 mph. What is the purpose of paying a huge premium for hp you cannot use? My Lesabre has 205 hp and is plenty fast enough to break the speed limit anywhere. My wifes Saturn has a 3 liter V6 and it is WAY overpowered, it will run a 15 second, 91 mph quarter mile pure stock. Most cars sold today are the same-too much power.

benski

Threads
I have never really understood the use of having a 500 plus hp car that wll go 155 mph when the speed limit is 70 mph. What is the purpose of paying a huge premium for hp you cannot use? My Lesabre has 205 hp and is plenty fast enough to break the speed limit anywhere. My wifes Saturn has a 3 liter V6 and it is WAY overpowered, it will run a 15 second, 91 mph quarter mile pure stock. Most cars sold today are the same-too much power.

I suppose it's just like a bunch of things us guys are prone to doing...if some is good, more MUST be better, whether it makes sense or not!:wink::biggrin: Witness the horsepower races in lawn machinery in the last 8 years or so (and the litigation that followed:eek:) powerboats, etc., etc. I'm certainly not advocating it necessarily, but it seems to be one of the ways we measure uh, "progress".:confused2::frown::wink: Heck, my diesel Benz only has some 140hp, and that's enough to get me in trouble.:ashamed::laughing: