First generation Camaro

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
1967 Is correct.
This one has a Muncie Rock Crusher (m22) 4 speed and a 10 bolt posi rear end.
It also supposed to have a 350 .
Seems to me the SS had a 396 so maybe it is a clone. The asking price is 26500$
I don't know what the justification for the price is. Maybe it's highly modified.....be nice if it had disc brakes and fuel injection:cool:
I don't know enough about it to really consider a negotiation, even if I got all the specifics. I didn't even look at the inside but something tells me it probably looks as good as the outside.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
In my experience, getting original interior parts is more difficult than fixing up the exterior.

I don't know if you want to wish for a fuel injection system circa 1967. As I remember it, fuel injection was a very crude art in those days. A good old Holly four-barrel carb is probably better.

Have you looked online for the pricing of comparable cars? That might give you an idea of what would be a reasonable offer.

If it doesn't have disc brakes on the front that would seem to me to be a real disability for such a powerful car. But that could be changed -- but those parts will be expensive. :eek:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
In my experience, getting original interior parts is more difficult than fixing up the exterior.

I don't know if you want to wish for a fuel injection system circa 1967. As I remember it, fuel injection was a very crude art in those days. A good old Holly four-barrel carb is probably better.

:eek:

I was thinking he put in a fairly current crate motor equipped with EFI. That would explain the 350, that and computer along with upgrades would perhaps justify the 26k price tag but who knows?

Does anybody remember a movie called "Aloha Bobby and Rose"? Thats was some car in that movie!
It was ahighly modified Camaro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWiECcLEJTQ&feature=related

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was thinking he put in a fairly current crate motor equipped with EFI. That would explain the 350, that and computer along with upgrades would perhaps justify the 26k price tag but who knows?

Does anybody remember a movie called "Aloha Bobby and Rose"? Thats was some car in that movie!
It was ahighly modified Camaro.
Aloha Bobby and Rose red camaro - YouTube

If it's a current fuel injection system, that's a huge plus.

I looked up that movie and I'm pretty sure I saw it. The Camaro was very prominent. Never heard of the two leads in the film. :biggrin:

173abn

Threads
Robert,my Camaro had a stock 350 in it....russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Have you looked online for the pricing of comparable cars? That might give you an idea of what would be a reasonable offer.

If it doesn't have disc brakes on the front that would seem to me to be a real disability for such a powerful car. But that could be changed -- but those parts will be expensive. :eek:

I don't think GM offered any FI from the factory outside of the early to mid-60's Corvettes until about 1982 or so, and then it was just on the Corvettes.

LandN

Threads
1967 Is correct.
This one has a Muncie Rock Crusher (m22) 4 speed and a 10 bolt posi rear end.
It also supposed to have a 350 .
Seems to me the SS had a 396 so maybe it is a clone. The asking price is 26500$
I don't know what the justification for the price is. Maybe it's highly modified.....be nice if it had disc brakes and fuel injection:cool:
I don't know enough about it to really consider a negotiation, even if I got all the specifics. I didn't even look at the inside but something tells me it probably looks as good as the outside.

you could get an ss350 from the factory(1967)along with the 396. z28 had disc brakes,so shouldn;t be hard to convert.for that money (me personally ) i would be looking at a 1969, meaner looking.

cubby

Threads
If it's a current fuel injection system, that's a huge plus.

I looked up that movie and I'm pretty sure I saw it. The Camaro was very prominent. Never heard of the two leads in the film. :biggrin:
I don't know who the passenger in the camaro is but I'm pretty sure the driver is the same guy who drove the yellow duece coupe in American Graffiti--"Milner"

As for the '67 camaro it may not be original but who cares ,when it looks this good and probably sounds as good as it looks its hard to beat. I would opt out for a nice set of Cragar S/S wheels my self.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think GM offered any FI from the factory outside of the early to mid-60's Corvettes until about 1982 or so, and then it was just on the Corvettes.

Wife's brother that I posted pic of with his Camaro was here an hour ago, he wanted to show off his Camaro replacement....

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 12

173abn

Threads
JD tell your BIL that is one pretty car.When I win the lottery I'm getting a yellow one...russ