Shop tricks and tips

benski

Threads
What kind of tricks and tips do you have that you'd like to share with fellow LMF members?

Just one of the upgrades I do when I'm changing out spindles is install stainless nuts and bolts when I put the new one in. For $3.00 or so, it can save an afternoon of fun for the next person who gets to drill out the broken bolt. A liberal application of Never-Seize precedes reassembly.:smile:

lakeviewpe

Threads
Do not keep your gas for longer than 6 weeks if it has ethanol in it. You can get fuel stabilizers but make sure they are formulated to work with ethanol, not like the old blends that will not do any good. If your lawnmower gas gets to be too old, put it in your car unless it has an oil mixture with it. The fuel stabilizers we use are engine medic and PriG fuel treatment.

benski

Threads
I'll throw another one in. If you know that you are going to get hopelessly greasy when you dive into a project, prelube yourself with hand cleaner.:licking:It helps reduce how much grease you'll have to scrub off after you get things torn apart.:wink:

Mower manic

Threads
Remove the plug wire before you remove the blade.

Sammy the Red

Threads
Sammy, what's "Fluid Film"?:ashamed:I've seen a ton of different stuff over the years, and I haven't heard of it, yet.

FluidFilmCrush.jpg

Sammy the Red

Threads
It really is a good product for long lasting protection and lubing.
If you can't find it at your local auto supplier, try a John Deere dealer.