Need a riding mower!

dria

Threads
My new house is fantastic. Problem is that there is no way I can handle mowing my 2 acres with a push mower. I used to have a small yard and it was fine. I need to buy a riding mower! What do you suggest for a beginner?

cren

Threads
Is your land flat or a little on the hilly side? Right now a friend of mine just bought a used Honda I think? Harmony and it works pretty well for his area which is a little hilly but mostly flat land.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What do you suggest for a beginner?

When you say beginner... Are you referring to new to the different types of rider mowers? If that is the case, try out your friends mowers... see if someone you know will show you the pros/cons of their particular rider... you can also go to some of the name brand dealers, they have various types of mowers you should be able to try out...

Some considerations you may have... if you have a new built house, you may not have a lot of obstacles yet... so in the beginning maneuverability may not seem to important... but it eventually will be...
If price is a big concern you might start by deciding what type mower you like... then look for the various used of that type... KennyV

noodle

Threads
Hey congrats of needing a riding mower. I would get one but I have a small yard and I am sure I would look silly. Still if I mowed all the neighbors yards to maybe I could get one after all!