Once hot...no start

ocb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted this in the general discussion but thought this would be better. Gotta Troy-built rider with a Kohler Commander14 engine. Runs well but once it gets hot and I disengage the deck it stalls out and cranks but won't start back up. Any ideas? Any info is much appreciated.:thumbsup:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
As I said in your other thread:

"It could be a carburetor issue causing it to run too rich, which would make it stall and then not start again due to a flooded combustion chamber.

Try cleaning out your carburetor and see if that helps. :thumbsup:"

taxidermist

Threads
What if you run it till hot with the mower not engaged will it stall out after time? Just trying to see if it it mower related or something in the motor.

Rob

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just had the same trouble with mine took carb apart and found I forgot to put a tiny spring back in. Put back together runs fine now

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Keeping in mind the age of the motor . Carbon build up on the piston creates excessive heat . Your fuel can be burning before the compression stroke is ready .
It will not stat until the engine is cooler.

Try a new head gasket and clean the head and piston top with a soft dremel brush .

Briggs92

Threads
Almost always when engines run fine until hot and won't start back up until cold is the coil. Replace it!