Quick Reply...

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Would it be possible for LMF to have a "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of every thread ?

A lot of other forums have this, and it is a lot quicker than clicking on the "Reply to Thread" box if you just have a few things to say.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The more stuff you add to a forum (like chat boxes and buttons galore) add to the time it takes to load the pages.

This forum is stripped down so it's faster-loading. Yes, I know it loads slower than most other forums, but I have a feeling Muhammad owns a slow and/or old server, and it's probably a miracle it loads as fast as it does as stripped as it is. LMF has always loaded slower than almost any other forum I've been to (with the exception of WUS [watchuseek] and that's due to a HUGE number of ads and flash crap). If anything else is added, it'd be terribly slow.

They don't give servers away (at least not good ones), so I don't fault the lack of oomph for the server. Be glad with what you have, and don't try to make this into a forum that has a lot more money to spend on H/W.

Sorry to be so blunt, jmurray.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
The more stuff you add to a forum (like chat boxes and buttons galore) add to the time it takes to load the pages.

This forum is stripped down so it's faster-loading. Yes, I know it loads slower than most other forums, but I have a feeling Muhammad owns a slow and/or old server, and it's probably a miracle it loads as fast as it does as stripped as it is. LMF has always loaded slower than almost any other forum I've been to (with the exception of WUS [watchuseek] and that's due to a HUGE number of ads and flash crap). If anything else is added, it'd be terribly slow.

They don't give servers away (at least not good ones), so I don't fault the lack of oomph for the server. Be glad with what you have, and don't try to make this into a forum that has a lot more money to spend on H/W.

Sorry to be so blunt, jmurray.
I now understand!

I wasn't aware the forum had slow loading, as it has always fully loaded within seconds with me.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I now understand!

I wasn't aware the forum had slow loading, as it has always fully loaded within seconds with me.

For me, it is the slowest loading site I go to (except WUS, like I said.....)

Threads
Muhammad should be able to set up a quick reply.. Did you pm him to find out?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Muhammad should be able to set up a quick reply.. Did you pm him to find out?

Muhammad could set up a chat box and add 572,000 extra smileys, too (which would make certain members around here jump for joy) - but he doesn't. Maybe to keep the site simple? :tongue:

As slow as this site is (for me anyway), I don't see any additional benefits anyone would get to a 'quick reply' versus the reply buttons we already have. :rolleyes: Every other forum I go to that has them really don't add a thing. The regular reply buttons (and people who always quote obviously don't know all the reply options as it is) are no slower - and the quick reply is no quicker. Like 'quick edit'. Just another stupid button.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would like a "Reply to thread" at the bottom of of every thread. Sometimes like on this thread it is only at the top and after reading what you guys have said I have to then go all the way to the top of the page if i want to reply.:confused2:. Is it just my computer or do others have the same problem?:frown:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's there, dude - I just used it......bottom of the page! Lefthand corner of the last post!

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's there, dude - I just used it......bottom of the page! Lefthand corner of the last post!

It must be my computer because it is not here on mine. On some threads it shows up but most of the tie it doesn't.:confused2:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
They tried for "all things for all people".

What they ended up with is "all different things for all people........:rolleyes:

Seems this isn't the same site on 2 different computers/connections.........:frown: I'd give my left one for some consistency. In a great many areas......