Help me with my gas trimmer!

Bethieboo

Threads
I have a Poullen Pro gas trimmer (week whacker) and it has me ready to just.. I don't know what it has me ready to do but it is not good! I am trying to replace the string on it. I even downloaded the manual. But it still does not work! Every time I use it I have to stop every four min to pull out more of the thread! What now?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Poullen Pro gas trimmer (week whacker) and it has me ready to just.. I don't know what it has me ready to do but it is not good! I am trying to replace the string on it. I even downloaded the manual. But it still does not work! Every time I use it I have to stop every four min to pull out more of the thread! What now?

Welcome to the forums...."pull out more of the thread"....? I interpret this to mean your trimmer head will not advance new line when you bump the release button on the underside of the trimming head against the ground? Please clarify....thanks.

rekees

Threads
Are you sure you wrapped it in the right direction? Also too much trimmer line will cause the spindle to stick.

dria

Threads
I also have trouble with my gas trimmer from time to time. I find I have to get a very specific color of line for it to work right. What color are you using?

Bethieboo

Threads
Welcome to the forums...."pull out more of the thread"....? I interpret this to mean your trimmer head will not advance new line when you bump the release button on the underside of the trimming head against the ground? Please clarify....thanks.

Yes that is exactly right. I have tried every which way to get this to work! I can try to take a picture of it if you want. I really need to figure out how to make the live advance.

Threads
I wish I could help. I really feel for your plight. Post a picture, I bet that would help. The people here are really knowledgeable. Don't forget the color of the thread because I'm curious if that will make a difference.

Bethieboo

Threads
I will try to take a picture tomorrow when I have it out again. Right now I am using white string. I also will admit that I have no idea how to string one. Still I want to learn.

jross

Threads
The line has to .095 or smaller, .085 is ok, but doesn't take a beating like the bigger stuff. There are two channels in the line spool. Each channel feeds one line hole in the head. Take about 20 feet of line, thread it halfway through the hole in the base of the spool center rim. Slowly and evenly wind each length of line into one channel, making sure it is kept even and make sure you are going in the proper direction. When each channel is full lock each line into the slot at the outer lip of the hub, leaving at least six inches of line free. Bring the hub up to the cup, threading each line end through one of the holes in the hub, then snap the spool into the hub. Take a pair of pliers and yank each line end out of the clip hard. If you did it right it will work. If it doesn't, you are now part of the club and will have to practice.

Bethieboo

Threads
Thank you. I am going to give that a try! I hope it works because my yard is in desperate need of some weed whacking action. I have the sort of neighbors whose yard is perfect and I know they are annoyed with me. Still they pay someone to do their yard so when I asked for their help they had no idea how to do it.

173abn

Threads
look and see if their is an arrow on your spool showing the right way to wind. russ