2005 Scag turf tiger blowing fuses

robs2346

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 05 Scag Turf Tiger w/ a 27hp Kawasaki and it keeps blowing fuses. Whenever I replace the fuse it will charge the battery for a short time and then when the fuse blows the battery no longer charges. I have looked at the wire looms and can find no obvious nicks or cuts in it. It seems as though it will run for a while before the fuse blows. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Thanks in advance

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an 05 Scag Turf Tiger w/ a 27hp Kawasaki and it keeps blowing fuses. Whenever I replace the fuse it will charge the battery for a short time and then when the fuse blows the battery no longer charges. I have looked at the wire looms and can find no obvious nicks or cuts in it. It seems as though it will run for a while before the fuse blows. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Thanks in advance
A battery with a shorted cell could cause this. Test the battery.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Along with the battery test... check if you are getting any AC on the charge circuit.... your voltage rectifier could be bad... :smile:KennyV

robs2346

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions, I did check the battery as was suggested and found it to be good I have replaced the voltage regulator and that seems to have cured the problem. Thanks for the help.